Wednesday, August 1, 2007

set me up with one of your friends

Here's the breakdown of my day.

Actually, it started last night. My headache didn't go away. And a caffeine withdrawl headache does not respond to medication. I was up and down all night long. My head hurt so bad. I finally got about 2 hours of good sleep, and then it was time to go to work. Not only did I still have the headache, but I was incredibly groggy. So I had the dreaded Starbucks drink. It was awesome. And the headache was gone before I knew it. I'm back on the bottle, my friends. And, after the hours of withdrawl, it's worth the 4 points...and the 20% of my daily dairy requirements!

The rest of my day was....AWESOME! I had starbucks and banana for breakfast. A mozzarella and tomato salad (half the bread, half the dressing) for lunch. (Tangent: My salad came from Panera and I DID NOT even feel tempted to get a frozen coffee drink there.) I know the salad isn't the best for me...there is a ton of cheese...but (a) it's dairy. (b) it's not a big fat cheeseburger or a Chalupa. (c) the amount of tomatoes I ate way outnumbered the pieces of cheese. For dinner, I had a grilled pork chop, an ear of corn, and some jello. I just had a Fiber One bar and a big glass of milk. I thought about going back and counting the points or the calories or something, but decided against it. Today I am just basking in the glow of making healthier choices, of really wanting to make healthier choices.

And I have the best husband ever. He scratches my back while I blog. Does it get any better? It's a pity he can't reach my feet, or I'd trick him in to rubbing them.

My Maid-of-Honor friend (that I whined about here) also responded to my friend invitation on Facebook today. She's my friend! Yay!

I'm still having trouble with our realtor. He wants us to drop our asking price for our house. Substantially. I'm very unhappy. And nervous.

I've been listening to a great sermon series about the Prodigal Son and how we are either like him or the Son who stayed home and felt entitled and slighted. Such good stuff. Today I started listening to a series on Ruth and I am really enjoying it so far.

Oh! And big news! Nathan got us FRONT ROW SEATS for the Nickel Creek show in October. Front row! I am so excited. You really should check them out. But hurry! They are breaking up at the end of the year! By the way - the subject line is from one of Nickel Creek's live songs. It fits because I'm going to play matchmaker between my friend Kent and the lady who is trying to sell us a townhouse. They'll have such a great story to tell their children. Although the last time I tried to set Kent up, she said she felt pressured, but then she was engaged to someone else 4 months later. This time will be different.

I am so glad to have a good day to share, and so glad that I have you to share it with. I so appreciate all the friendly and encouraging comments the last few days! My blog friends are the best!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great day you had! :-D It was awesome to read about and feel the positivity from this post, you're rocking it, girlfriend!

Carrie said...

I'm so glad that you had a healthy day that you are pleased with, but I was shocked that your Starbucks drink is 4 points! Here's what I do: regular coffee with sugar free syrup (vanilla is the best) for no calories. Even if you added a splash of skim milk it would be much less than 4 points. And I bet it would also be delicious icecd.

Just a thought! Best of luck!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the great day. I LOVE that Panera salad you had. Yeah for good seats. You guys are going to have a blast at the show!

Sarah said...

The arena I work out just got a new sound system and they are playing a Nickel Creek CD right now and I totally thought of you!

Anonymous said...

Krissie,
We are so proud of you. Roger made a blogspot, you should visit it at www.runninghome-rog.blogspot.com

Shirley

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Hooray for good days! And can I just say, hooray for good husbands too! I'm jealous.