Friday, August 3, 2007

so glad our paths crossed this time today

One of the benefits of my new job: calling in vacation. We do this thing where all leave is in one bunch. No sick, vacation, and holiday - just "days off." So that means when I want a day off, no excuse for a sick day, just calling off. I actually told them yesterday, and it was no big deal. My mom will be here soon, my aunt and uncle and my sister-in-law and her mom will be down later today. Very exciting weekend!

And my posting may be sparce over the next few says because (drum roll please)...

It's YARD SALE WEEKEND!

I am so excited about all of the stuff we're going to get rid of. We're putting out several desks, our dining room suit, lots of pots and pans, bowls, books, magazines, toys, rugs, just a ton of stuff. I've been working on this purging of stuff thing a lot, but it feels like we'll get rid of some big stuff this weekend. I feel kinda bad about all the stuff I took to Goodwill that I could have made money for, but it was worth it to just get it out of the house. And the money would have been spent on nothing in particular, so it's all okay.

We're planning and pricing today, and then setting up tomorrow. I'll probably post pics of what the yard looked like, and let you know how well we made out.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

marie said...

i'd like to call in lazy today. that would be sweeeet.

enjoy the big sale weekend. hope you sell all of your junk, er, treasures :)

nathan said...

Traffic on the way home was not good (thank you 127 yard sale), it's hot, the wind is hot, and I have no air conditioning. I'm glad to be getting rid of stuff while making money at the same time, but come on, people.

Aimee said...

Yay! Yard Sale! :) We're going to be having a yard sale over at my parent's house in the next couple of weeks. We were supposed to do it about a month ago, but we kept putting it off. I don't want to do it when it's so hot, it's just miserable. I'm not really looking forward to it. It's so much work too. :( But, making some extra money is always fun. :) Hope you guys make a lot of money. Let us know how it goes.

Here's an idea for you: Get a cooler with ice and sell some soda or bottled water. Those buyers will be hot and thirsty and willing to pay you for it. :) Hehehe!

Christine said...

Hey you. Came across your blog from Fat Bridesmaid. Posting my scale picture tomorrow too! Just heading out now to buy some obnoxious red polish! Good luck tomorrow - will be checking back for sure!

Ann(ie) said...

How'd it go??? That's a lot of work!! Hope you had a great weekend.