Wednesday, April 25, 2007

fact and fiction work as a team

Today has been a much better day food wise. I woke up feeling generally nasty, and that has motivated me throughout the day. Although my food choices were not the best (I did have 2 mini peppermint patties and a Healthy Choice ice cream bar), I only went one point over my daily allowance. Go me!

I also grabbed the wrong pair of pants this morning. Pants that I bought last year on clearance with dreams of wearing. Pants I tried on last week that didn't fit. Well, I wore them to work today. And they looked nice. I think I've lost weight since my last weigh in. And I've not eaten well. I'm just going to wait and see.

Nathan and I spent the evening painting end tables that are going to serve as nightstands. It's very exciting. I took before pics, but I'll wait until there's sunlight to take afters, and I'll share them with you!

Speaking of sharing, I got an email from my dear old friend Shirley today. She and her husband are good friends of Nate and I. They moved to Texas a few years ago. But today she tells me she's started a blog. I knew she'd had weight loss success, but I had not idea how much. Go check her out!

I am not one to review products, but I absolutely LOVED the South Beach Diet's Chicken Salad kits. Today I had the cranberry walnut chicken salad and put it on a bed of lettuce. I ate the pita chips and the jello and was amazingly full. 6 points for all of it. Tomorrow I'm having the Southwestern Chicken Salad Kit. I'll keep you posted.

I had a great time at work today. It was my day to lead group (with elementary school kids...mostly with ADHD and autism) and I'm working a nutrition program. Today was taste test day with fruits and vegetables. So we all tried cucumbers, cauliflower, mangos, and honeydew. I was so sad that many of the kids had not eaten any of them before. I felt like I did a really good thing in the course of their healthy lives. And then I had to bring out mean Krissie when two boys tried to convince me that they walked 41 laps (or 4.1 miles) in 40 minutes. I hate to call kids liars, but they walked. That's a 10 minute mile. No sir. So they are mad at me today. Oh well.

Nathan completely finishes his Master's degree on Monday with the completion of his last final. It's open-note, so he's not stressing. Go Nate, you librarian you! You rock!!

I'm reading Rob Bell's new book, Sex God but I'm only in the first chapter. I've been sleepy at bedtime, so no real reading is getting done. I just wanted you all to know what I'm reading today. I enjoyed Velvet Elvis, although I didn't necessarily agree with everything he said, it made me think (like in this blog entry). I am very excited for the newest installment of Harry Potter in July. Nate and I preordered 2 copies, one for each of us, and plan to donate one of them to the local library when we are done.

I also need to revisit the Beck Diet Solution. I really was working the program, and it was working for me. I gotta get back to that.

Again, my sincerest apologies to Aimee and Annie...I'll get the interview questions to you in the next few days, I promise! Tonight was a night of painting...and American Idol. (And can you belive that Top Model was a recap? What's up with that?)

So my plan for tomorrow is as follows:

Breakfast (6 points): Starbucks and banana
Lunch (6 points): SBD Southwestern Chicken Salad Kit
Dinner (6 points): Huevos Rancheros (Mexican Eggs)
Snacks (6 points): pear, string cheese, 2 dark Kisses

That leaves 4 points to play with. But it seems like a pretty good amount of food for those points, so I'm excited about tomorrow!

Have a great night!

4 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Salad kits? South Beach? Why haven't I heard about these before?

Bye! said...

No worries matey, when ever you have time... I am away over the weekend so that gives you even more time than you thought, lol.
Those salad kits sound all right, I havn't really seen anything like that around my way, but I do live in a rural area... the local woolworths may take a while to catch up!

Aimee said...

What do you get in the chicken kit? Sounds interesting. I tried the southwest salad with grilled chicken from McDonald's last night for dinner and I went back for another one for lunch today. It's good! I need to figure out what all is in it so I can copy it and make it at home. :)

Oooh I love Harry Potter! We get a double treat this year with the newest movie and the last book coming out. It's going to be so sad when the last book is over. There will be no more new Harry Potter books to look forward to (unless JK Rowling changes her mind, but I doubt that. She's been pretty adamant about there only being 7 books).

Tell Nathan congratulations on his Masters! That's awesome!!!

i i eee said...

Congrats to Nathan! That's so awesome!