Monday, June 16, 2008

you've come too far to turn around now

Not too shabby. So it's up from my lowest. What I have discovered from reading my past blogs and studying my old WW cards is that my body naturally likes to be 220-222. A lot. That weight is most common. So I'm afraid that this number is going to be hard to get rid of. But I'm trying. And I am excited.

Yikes. My toenails are terrible. There's no excuse for that. I wish I would have put on socks...Oh well.

Isn't it sad that I'm more embarrassed by the state of my toenails than my weight? I don't even know what else to say about that.

In the spirit of Marie...

The Good:

1. No Starbucks from a barista. That's huge. I did still have my morning Starbucks drink, but no Iced Venti 3-Pump White Mocha. That's a big deal. Especially for a Monday.

2. I left work at 4. Not 5, 4:45 or even 4:10. 4:00 and I was out the door. And I haven't stressed about what I didn't get done. I left on time, and I left work at work.

3. I cooked dinner (click here to see it!) and I made chicken salad for lunch tomorrow.

4. I did pilates. Mari Windsor wants to kill me, and I can't do the roll-up like I used to, but I completed the workout. And I am excited that I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

The Bad:

1. I took a nap between dinner and Wheel of Fortune. I gotta quit this napping thing. It makes me lethargic the rest of the evening.

2. I had a second bottled Starbucks drink after my nap. Nathan was drinking wine, I wanted something sweet. I have no excuses.

3. My hair is really getting on my nerves. I really just want to cut it all off. Any ideas for dealing with curly growing-out hair?

4. I made my third listen to Alanis Morissette's new album today. I love her. LOVE HER. But this album, like the previous one, is really rotten. Is it me? Did I just grow up and become less bitter? But she did too, right? Sigh. Oh well.

The Ugly:

I don't really have any uglies today! Yay!

4 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

The Bad: My toe nails are waaaay worse than yours.

The Good: My growing-your-hair-out solution is to go to a salon and get a trim. Explain to the stylist that you're trying to grow it out but you want it to have some shape and not drive you insane. It might take a little longer for you to reach your ideal hair length but it greatly reduces the chance you'll get so frustrated you decided to have it all chopped off on a whim (which is what I always do. Do as I say not as I chop!).

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the wanting to cut your hair. I've probably mentioned this before, but I had really short hair almost two years ago and then for some reason I finally let it grow out. I think the key is to just let it be for awhile. Focus on other things you can change around when you get bored.
I really felt a trend with a lot of my other overweight friends and myself. We were always cutting and dyeing our hair. I feel like in a lot of ways I wanted to change my hair so often (and still do, hello, blonde pixie cut)because it is an easy/quick way to change my appearance when I felt out of control with the way I looked otherwise. I always felt like new hair=better looks, or thinner looks.
I've been listening to the latest alanis too, at first I was like "ohh nooo" and now its really grown on me. I'll admit that when I found out this album was written after her breakup with ryan reynolds, I become more sympathetic and recognized having those same feelings represented in her lyrics.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging reguarly!

When can we see progress pics of the hair?

Anonymous said...

As a curly hair gal myself, I can say that there is no short hairstyle that will ever look good on me. Shoulder length is about the best I can do. Occasionally I'll go for a bob, but that usually ends up a big mess because I won't care for it.

So. What's working for me (somewhat) is all layers. Long layers of course. Since I'm 37, I'm guessing this is probably my last hoorah as gunning for long hair (at least the middle of my back), so we'll see how it goes.

Great job on minotoring your behaviors. Such a good technique!