Tuesday, June 10, 2008

that was just a dream

If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all. Right?

I don't have a lot to say that's good.

I picked a fight with Nathan at Panera.

I may have to work Saturdays.

I'm still fat.

AND a lady at work - no make that 2 ladies at work - complained about their kids all day today, telling me how lucky I was to not have children (seriously). Not knowing how badly I want a baby.

Oh! I almost forgot about this. Right out of grad school (the first time), I worked in drug rehab for a few years. Of the 100 or so women I saw in therapy, there was one woman that I seriously thought would still be sober. We had a few moments in conversation that I'll never forget. She is one of those people who God worked through - one of those people I could really see God in. She is one of the people that made me believe in people and our ability to change and really be better people. I learned yesterday that she is back in detox. Seriously. It's a good thing I'm not still practicing, or I'd probably quit.

Did I mention that I'm still fat? Oh, and that my co-worker who wore a 16 in February is now wearing a 10? 16 to TEN in 4 months? Yeah. That doesn't make me feel like crap.

Oh, and it's like 85 degrees in my office? And there is no plans to fix it?

Oh wait. I said some things, eh?

Sorry, Thumper.

6 comments:

MaryFran said...

Keep this in mind, you may still be 'pleasantly plump' (I refuse to use the 'f' word about someone else, although I'll gladly call myself fat) but you are changing it the RIGHT way. I also recently had a friend that dropped from a size HUGE (ok, ok ok...a size 20) to a size 8, in about 9 months. It so depressed me for a while. UNTIL I remembered what they say....and that is that the person that loses it more slowly has a MUCH better chance of keeping the weight off. The people that lose it quickly almost always regain! As much as I'd like this part of the journey to be over, I'll gladly take slow if it means that I'll keep it off! (the slow part gives me time to learn lessons that will help me keep it off!)

Meanwhile, I hope that things look up for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh hun, I'm sorry you're feeling low. Sounds like you're having one of those days/weeks when you wish you hadn't got out of bed! But try to keep your eyes on the bigger picture. You are doing great.

I agree with Maryfran (who sounds very wise!) that the slower you lose it the better chance you have of keeping it off. It is hugely frustrating when you see people drop weight faster, we've all been there, but it's not like you're not doing great. And you're going to continue doing so.

Chin up sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I have no words that will make it better but if I could I would give you a hug, and a puppy to play with, and a very large glass of sangria.

Sarah P said...

I think you need a cyber HUG!!!! I am thinking of you...

btw- I am still FAT to :(

The Price's Wife said...

Know what? I think you are SO cool and I read your blog all of the time, even though I don't comment much. Everyone is entitled to a bad day, or week or month! Hope things look up for you soon!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a while. You've always impressed me with your positive attitude. You've been quite different lately. Your bright sunshine has been covered up by clouds. I hate to see that. I'll just say this...life's not easy. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. Unfortunately. Being a grownup just ain't as much fun as I thought it would be. BUT know this, The Good Lord never and I mean NEVER gives you so much you can't handle. :)