Tuesday, June 24, 2008

or am I part of the disease

Boo blogger!

I was going to have a nice photographic post of my favorite things...complete with Nathan, jewelry, Starbucks, and shopping! Oh well.

And why such a post? Maybe to avoid the mess that has become my health this week?

Oh yes.

We went home this weekend. I was just generally out of control food-wise. And I came home to a lack of lunch-type foods, and my out-of-control spiral has continued.

Why can't I just get it together?

GET IT TOGETHER, KRISSIE!!

That comment is not a yell, but rather a cheer or a rally cry. When my co-worker is particuarly stressed, I sing (in hymn style) "Get ye together!" accompanied by claps and occassional foot stomps. Why can't I apply this to myself?

I'm not frustrated or irritated. Maybe I'd be motivated to get it together if I were...

(Random question: anyone else watching Family Feud with Al Roker? Since when has Family Feud become inappropriate for family viewing? Giving a man sex or alcohol to quiet him down? Finish the phrase "shake your blank"? What is slippery when wet? Seriously?)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched it briefly last night myself....
I probably won't watch it again.

I'm having a rough time too. It is human...
We just have to dust ourselves off and keep truckin. I'm reminding myself of this too! :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why I can't get it together, myself. Why are there times when i am so focused and committed to my health, weightloss and myself?? Then there are times when all of that focus and commitment goes right out the window. WHY??? I guess I'll never even figure myself out, huh? ....I'm thinking of going back to WW this Friday because I've been trying to do it on my own now for quite a while and so far....no good. :)

Anonymous said...

yikes! that doesn't sound like the family feud I used to watch!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea Al Roker was doing Family Feud. I don't like him skinny. It freaks me out a little. Like Star Jones. She's pretty ugly thin.

manan b. said...

hi..
was googling a phrase and stumbled on your blog.

it was a pleasant stumble! nice read