Monday, June 30, 2008

but I know I ain't the same

So I was laying in bed this morning, between my early alarm and my snooze alarm, thinking about how awesome my life is.

I love my husband. I love my family. I love my house. I love my cats. I love my car. I (pretty close to) love my job. I truly have an amazing life

I had decided that I was going to truly love me for me. I was going to stop this charade of trying to change but failing. I was going to be fat and happy.

And then I stepped on the scale.

227.6 - from 222 2 weeks ago.

What?

So much for the "happy" part...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I hear ya. That's me. "I'm going to love me for me!" Then I see my bad skin and afro hair and think "I wish I were invisible..."

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I think it's possible to love who you are without loving the number on the scale. You love Nate but there's gotta be SOMETHING he does that you're not so in love with. I say feel the love and maybe eat some more veggies and it'll all be good. :)

Anonymous said...

I dont think you can ever love EVERYTHING about life. Honestly, there will always be something thats off, even if just a little thing. But you have a ton of things that make you happy, which is GREAT!! You have an amazing life (you said it, I read it) and you can enjoy that without being at the perfect weight. But eventually you will be at a better weight, I know. Keep working for it!