Friday, May 16, 2008

let's give 'em something to talk about

Seriously.

This is what I did today.

I wore these to work.

Not only are they different colors, and the heels different heights, but I didn't notice them until I was already in the hospital. Luckily it was my desk day, and my coworker keeps slippers for sore feet days, so I just had to walk to and from my car in the pathetic combo. They were a good laugh.

I was leaving the hospital and we passed a woman in the hallway. The woman had only one eye open. The other was closed tightly, like there was something wrong with it. She looked at my feet and then gave me a look that clearly said, "I have one good eye, and I can see the mess of your feet. What's wrong with you?" This made my friend laugh hysterically.

My friend continued to laugh on our entire walk from the hospital to the parking garage. We get in the elevator and we just keep laughing. There is one lady in the elevator with us. My friend gets off, just leaving me and the stranger. She says, "They don't look that bad." I lean over, look at my feet, and tell her I'm not so sure. Then she changes her tune: "I lied, honey. I was just trying to make you feel better."

I have learned to always double-check my feet.

So how are you all doing with the 10 day challenge? I've had several entries after day one, so I've decided that anyone who joins in before midnight tomorrow is eligible for the prize. Especially since I don't have it set in stone yet. So if you're still interested, let me know!

I have made 3 straight days of the video. Tonight is going to be hard, though. I am tired. I am already letting small annoyances in the video grate my nerves. I am afraid I am wearing a spot in our carpet. But I will do the video anyway. I have no choice. I am not giving myself a choice.

My plan for tomorrow's post is an update on how you all challengers are doing! Drop me an update in the comments or email!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go on the tapes!

You're rocking girlfriend... :)

Hanlie said...

LOL! I went to my divorce proceedings with odd shoes. One navy and one black! I had to buy another pair of shoes after court because I was going to a job interview... It's still better than having your dress tucked in the back of your panties, or toilet paper hanging from you!

Swizzlepop said...

You must have had an off morning. I'm surprised you didn't notice that your walk was off with the different heel heights.
This has always been my fear, mainly because I buy the same shoes in different colors and about 90% of my shoes are a type of Mary Jane so they are all very similar. The lady with one good eye made me LMAO too. At least it didn't ruin your day and you were able to laugh about it too. :)