Saturday, May 17, 2008

I hope that you are having the time of your life

We had such a great day! It started with Starbucks and then my meeting with still-yet another member of blog royalty. Jeanette Fulda (AKA Half of Me) was signing her book at our local book store. We actually pulled up the map of what writers were where in the bookstore to get prepared. She was right by the purses. I mean, what are the odds? I love purses, I love her, all is well!

She is so sweet! We talked about who I was, how long I've been following her, and how we can get overwhelmed by the number of blogs we follow. She showed us her fat pants, signed a book for me, and then agreed to pose for a picture. She didn't act like she thought I was blog-stalkish at all! She even asked me if I write. I wish I would have thought of some cool questions for her. I'm just impressed that I was able to mostly keep my cool. And then. When we were leaving. We saw her outside. And she WAVED AT US. Awesome.

Then Nathan and I went next door to Whole Foods and shared this awesome salad mixture. Nathan had his own piece of bread and he made a pretty small salad. I'm glad his was so small 'cause he had to eat most of mine. My eyes were W-A-Y too big for my stomach. But it was all great.

I then continued my lavender kick. I have been cleaning with lavender-scented stuff since we moved. Last weekend, while shopping with Fat Bridesmaid, I bought lavender shampoo and conditioner at Bath and Body Works. Today I bought the matching lotion and a bar of lavender soap. I am so excited for my bath and papering after my fifth date with 4 Mile Walk Away the Pounds!

We went to church tonight and it was awesome. We go to a mega-church (sometimes called Six Flags Over God), but tonight the music was only a dude with a guitar, there was nothing flashy, and everything felt quiet and small. I love our church.

I realize that we don't have cable. But, seriously, do we have to watch someone clean a fish? With a knife? On tv? Seriously? I don't know if Nate is trustworthy with the remote after all.

Happy Saturday everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sounds like a GREAT day! Glad you guys enjoyed such a fun afternoon together. And... you wore the same shoes!

j

PS: I posted an update on my progress in the "10 day challenge" on *my blog* -- thanks for doing this!

Anonymous said...

Quick update on my 10-day challenge: All is well at the dining table. :) I have eaten all my meals there since I started the challenge -- and though there have been bites taken while standing in the kitchen, I have managed to catch myself in the act and move to the table before the plate is cleaned. :)

Thanks for hosting this challenge!

Hanlie said...

Jennette is tall! I'm slightly jealous that you got to meet her...

That salad looks great and so do you on that picture!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Look at you two! How fun!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast, it is always fun meeting other bloggers and feeding off there motivation.

- Tyler

Grumpy Chair said...

You and Pasta Queen both look beautiful. How lucky you are to meet her. I hope she comes down to Houston for a book signing.

Sounds like you are doing just great on your 10 day challenge.

Lora said...

How cool that you got to meet Jannette! Let us know how the book is! And that sald looks amazing!

Fairy Princess said...

This is the funniest thing ever: sometimes called Six Flags Over God

EVER!