Saturday, March 8, 2008

a bell to ring me to my knees


This is the view from our back deck. I know it's not a lot of snow, but when you don't get a lot, it doesn't take much to shut everything down.

Boo! The Punch Brothers concert we were going to tonight has been canceled! But, in reality, it is probably a good thing 'cause I think we would have killed ourselves trying to get there. The show was in Louisville (a little over an hour away), and they have about a foot of snow. So it's all for the best.

So our plan for an exciting day has been changed to a lazy day around here. We tried to go to Barnes and Noble for some coffee and browsing, but they closed at noon. So we are just gonna hang out here for a while, and walk to the gym later! I've got plenty to keep me busy - between putting laundry away, preparing for work on Monday, and some random cleaning that REALLY needs to be done, I think I'll be alright.

I love lazy Saturdays!

Be safe, all my Kentucky girls!

5 comments:

connie said...

Yeah I agree with you, i'm enjoying my snow day off, we got 15 inches measured on our patio... I'm just sitting at home and enjoying being warm...
God Bless

Diana Swallow said...

I'm glad we don't get that white stuff down here! Stay warm and safe!

Mindy said...

We got maybe three inches down here. It has been forever though since we saw that much so we got out and played in it!

Anonymous said...

Lazy Saturdays (now Sunday) are the best! We got a boatload of snow up here in the Northern part of KY! At least 12 inches or more in areas. It is so beautiful. Have a great rest of the weekend. ....Glad you're back on track!
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you for you snow in exchange for my rain. Sigh. Enjoy your snowy weekend :)