Friday, March 21, 2008

and it's all for the love of thee

We went to church tonight. The music was beautiful. It was a beautiful sermon, asking us to try to imagine the scenes that occurred the last week of Jesus's life. It was such a moving sermon, helping me see Jesus as a person, and what people actually saw when they saw Him. Mr. Preacher Man showed several images to remind us the power of pictures.

This one breaks my heart. She wanted to sleep beside her husband one last time. She was playing his favorite songs. I cannot even imagine.I cried the remainder of the sermon. This picture so evoked my love for Nathan. We left church several hours ago, and I still don't think I could look him in the face without losing it again.

And I cried because grandfather is in the middle of a struggle with cancer. He is in the hospital and is having surgery again tomorrow. The fact that my mother is giving me limited information tells me that there is a lot I do not know. We are headed home in the morning, so I will get to see him tomorrow. I know my Papaw is a man of great faith. My heart breaks for my Mamaw. He is all she has ever known. I don't like to ask a lot of you guys, but I would appreciate any prayers you could send his way. I wanted to share a picture of them from my Mamaw's baptism.I hope you all have a wonderful Easter. I will be enjoying my family. I hope you do as well.

6 comments:

Cherry Dolphin said...

That is a touching picture... heartbreaking :(

I will say a prayer for your Grandfather.

Have a blessed Easter with your family.

Anonymous said...

That is a really compelling picture. It is great.

I am sorry about your Grandfather. I pray the surgery goes well.

Lora said...

That picture just choked me up....it reminded me of when my husband was in hospice and I slept on chair besdide him to get in that one last night....

I'll say a prayer for your grandpa and grandma. Gosh life can be tough sometimes. Thal goodness we have a Savior who carries us through these times.

Have a blessed Easter!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Awww that's an amazing picture. And I'm choking up too. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your Grandpa.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You and your family are definitely in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Hope everything is okay with your grandfather.