Friday, February 8, 2008

you will be the one screaming out

Well, it's time for me to get honest.

The last few days have been terrible health-wise. I haven't been to the gym since Sunday morning. I have eaten a lot more than usual. I ate three times after 5 yesterday.

I'm glad I swore-off the scale for this month, or I would probably be a weeping puddle in the floor.

Why?

I have lost my routine. And, in total honesty, I have missed it severely.

I have spent this entire week staying with my parents (they live close to where I was training). My Dad likes to cook, and his idea of "healthy" is slightly skewed. But, I love him and I love food, so I indulge. And training is a little like vacation, and there is only one gym possibility and the thought of new gym is scary, so I didn't work out. And I have been working, and I was exhausted, and I just didn't make it a priority.

You know what? NO. I am not going to do this. I posted food pics most days I was home. Until yesterday's pizza debacle (where I had 3 small slices of pizza, about half a cup of spaghetti, 2 bites of a brownie, and NO DESSERT PIZZA and NO ALFREDO SAUCE), I did really well this week. I may not have made it to the gym, but I did walk around the hospital a lot.

I AM NOT A FAILURE. (I am yelling at myself here, ladies, not you.)

I guess what it comes down to is this: I am so disappointed by my food choices yesterday. For breakfast I had a Clif bar and a Starbucks drink. For lunch, I made one trip to a pizza buffet. Then I ran through a convenient store and bought a Starbucks drink and Swiss Cake Rolls. I never knew that the cake rolls were so nasty - I took one bite and that was all. Waxy and no real chocolate taste. I wasn't wasting calories on that. Then for dinner, I ate four small banana pancakes, split brie and fruit with Nate, and a small bowl of cereal throughout the evening. That's not so bad!

Okay, I just talked myself out of being down on myself 'cause I knew that's what y'all would have done.

But today I am home - until I fly out for Atlanta Sunday at noon. I am really hungry like the wolf right now, but I'm going to make a Starbucks run here in a minute. Then I need to buy a suitcase, a pair of cute brown flats, and get a haircut. We are going to the gym tonight - What Not to Wear is on at 9!

And, for anyone keeping score, Nate kept up the gym schedule while I was gone. Oh, and the picture of him a few posts ago is with the liner notes of the Billy Idol Christmas Album he got from his brother this Christmas. He used to really like Billy Idol. We went to his concert several years ago at Kings Island. I am just a little embarrassed to admit that, but that's what love is all about.

Oh, and we also got a new computer (thanks Dad!) that I'm learning how to use. Anyone got any cool hints for the MacBook that I may not know?

Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Nikki said...

ooooh!

Is this your first time on a mac?

YOU WILL LOVE IT! We just got a new iMac two weeks ago - but we both use Macs at work, too!

Sarah said...

You are awesome. I love that you were honest with all of us.

Did you get a while or a black one? I just found this cleaning trick yesterday: The white ones show dirt very easily. To get the dirt off the hand rest, just scrub lightly with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser :)

Lidian said...

One week out of all the other weeks will even out in no time - only a couple more days until you're home and more in control of meals etc. That is like when I visit relatives over the summer, it is just so hard I know.

Happy weekend! I know nothing about Macs BTW, but it sounds great!

Diana Swallow said...

I really think the important thing is how quickly you picked yourself back up and put yourself back on track. You didn't just say, I'll start on Monday, you got back up and got back to it! Every day matters!

Enjoy the mac, I have an old ibook around here somewhere that I use as a back up once in a while, I really want a new mac they are so much faster for the programs I use.

Hanlie said...

It is always a nightmare to be out of your routine. We all know it, so we're not going to burn you at the stake!

Have a great weekend at home and good luck with next week.

Grumpy Chair said...

Wow, score on the new computer.

So you had a off plan week, forgetaboutit!

I really enjoyed your installment series. And miss your fabulous food pictures.

Enjoy your weekend.

Heather said...

ohh that happens to all of us. I have had some weekends like that. now just get yourself to the gym and everything will be ok! you already said it yourself..you are definitely not a failure. I think your awesome!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I don't think you should be embarrassed that you went to a Billy Idol concert; I think Billy Idol should be embarrassed that the only venue that would book him was A NON-DISNEY AMUSEMENT PARK.

Donna B said...

You have had a roller coaster week with the training for the new job and change of routine. A routine makes it easier, but there are always ups and downs in life and we all need to learn how to handle them. Keep up the good work and good luck in your new job! Ilove reading your blog and trying your recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Lora said...

You're making great strides in your attitutde about NOT being a failure. Anyone who slips and doesn't give up is a WINNER! Good for you!

nathan said...

Despite what Krissie may lead you to believe, the Billy Idol concert was actually pretty good.