Thursday, February 7, 2008

she parks her car outside of my house

What I Learned from my 3-Week Unemployment

Installment 4

What I Learned about Me


I had a great time being off work.


It was a great time of introspection. (There's the therapist in me!)


I learned that there is a wonderful blogging community that both inspires me and keeps me accountable.


I learned that I love the feeling of having leftovers put away and the kitchen being cleaned immediately after eating.


I learned that if there is closed caption on the tv on the elliptical machine, it makes me nauseaus.


I learned that my arms are pretty stinking strong.


I learned that I have a need to do something professionally. I have always thought that I could stay at home and be lazy all day. Any more time unemployed and I would have volunteered somewhere.


I learned that I can do what I set my mind to. I have discovered the chocolate chips Nathan hid, and have not had any! I have spent a great amount of time at the gym because I didn't give myself the choice to back out.


I learned that I can be incredibly motivated by stickers.


I learned that I really am a pretty good cook and my cooking instincts are trustworthy.


I have learned that I deserve to be healthy and happy.


And I'm going after it!

7 comments:

Heather said...

you know, all of these installments are making me want to quit my job right now, lol!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to get some stickers!

Lori said...

You used your time away from work so constructively! I've loved these posts! I hope your week of training is going well!

Kim said...

I am so happy for all of the changes that you have made!! :)

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Even though my job drives me insane sometimes I think it would be a whole lot worse if I didn't have to work. But spending large chunks of time volunteering sounds good too. Especially if the volunteering took place in the afternoon so I could sleep in. :)

Hanlie said...

Time spent discovering oneself is never time wasted!

Amy said...

Way to rock it out Krissie.

Frig. You are one awesome chick.

And for the record, when I stated that I was in love with nathan... it was merely a reaction to the goosebumps that I got reading your post. I loff my Andrew! ;)