Wednesday, February 6, 2008

red hair with a curl



What I Learned from my 3-Week Unemployment
Installment 3
What I Learned about Nathan


I have the best husband ever.

I told him I was going to quit my job. I told him that I had done the math and we would be fine for a while.

He said, "Okay."

I told him not to worry, that I would find a job soon. That I would spend the interim time getting things in order: I'd keep the house clean. I'd clean out the junk drawers. I'd cook every day. I'd exercise.

He said, "Okay."

I was having chocolate chip issues. I asked him to hide the bag. He didn't call me crazy, or say it was stupid.

He just said, "Okay."

I told him that I had taken a job. It meant that I would be spending 14 nights in February away from home.

He said, "Okay."

I got a wild hair and decided that I wanted an iPhone. I knew that I had been out of work for 3 weeks, and a paycheck was still several weeks away. My phone was doing wonky things, but I told him that I knew I would have to wait a while, but I wanted to wait until we could get an iPhone instead of getting any old phone .

Then one night on the way home from church, he said that I should go ahead and get the iPhone. I was unsure. He said, "You want it. It's okay"

He is incredibly grateful of what I do for him. He notices. He gets me cards. He goes to the gym with me. He finishes off my plate when I am full. He scoops the cat litter. He loves me. No matter what.

And I say, "Okay."

(I miss you, honey!)

12 comments:

Amy said...

I think I am in love with Nathan.

Go Nathan!

Holly said...

Awwww that is so sweet! YOu give me hope that there are some good ones left out there. He doesn't have a brother by any chance, does he? ;)

Sarah said...

You have such a sweet husband! Does he have a clone? You are both very lucky to have each other.

nathan said...

Holly: I do have a brother, but he's married. And Krissie says he's nothing like me.

For the record, I'm holding a Billy Idol Christmas CD in that picture.

Anonymous said...

*smile*

Having someone to support you through this and all aspects of your life is extraordinary... I know. I'm glad that you recognize how lucky you are.

I need to go hug my husband now! :)

(Hope your week of training is going well.)

j

Mindy said...

You guys are truly the perfect couple!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Nate - There's gotta be a story behind the Billy Idol holiday photo. Please share.

XOXO, FB

Sarah P said...

awe.... so sweet.... You make the perfect match!

Fairy Princess said...

Now I have to go call my husband...

awwwww!

Lora said...

What a guy! What a lucky gal!

Diana Swallow said...

awwwhhh, nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way about her hubby! We are the lucky ones aren't we!

Honi said...

its wonderful to have a wonderful husband.. i have one of those too!