Friday, February 22, 2008

my mind is dull and faded

What I Learned in Greenup/Atlanta/From the Flu

Installment #3

What I Learned about My Body



  • I think I am starting to look a little different. The picture on the left is from Christmas Eve. The right is one day while I was in Atlanta last week. What do y'all think?
  • I am still full on smaller portions. So even when the food I eat isn't as healthy as I would prefer, I'm still only eating about half the quantity of what I was eating before Christmas.
  • I can now put on pantyhose without tugging and grunting and discomfort.
  • I look nice in "grown up" clothes, and I can fit in some Larges.
  • I like to move-it, move-it. Even when I didn't make it to the gym, I took a lot of walks. A few days, I walked to the point of getting a little sore.
  • My body hates to fly.
  • My body really hates to fly when it is sick.
  • Even when my throat hurts really bad, I still want to drink a ton of water.
  • The worst part of being sick is how nasty my mouth feels. It doesn't matter how much I brush my teeth, my mouth is just nasty. Blech.
  • I am a terrible, whiny sick person.

23 comments:

marie said...

It's amazing what just little changes do to you, eh?

I think you're really starting to transform already :)

You're looking fab!!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Oh you can definitely see changes! Lots of them ... so congratulations! Hope you are feeling better. I also think your iPhone makes you look even sexier! ;)

Fairy Princess said...

Wow looking great chica! :) Yeah I am a terrible whiny sick person as well, and right now I am home sick and miserable.

Here's hoping we both feel better.

And again, welcome home! We all missed you.

Caroline said...

WOW! I think the differences in those 2 pictures is amazing! You should really be incredibly proud of yourself. And I am also whiny when I'm sick, but a whole lot less so than Chris is, so I don't care. :)

Grumpy Chair said...

You are looking so great! Keep up the good work.

Hanlie said...

Without a doubt! The difference is quite significant!

I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad that you're back home!

TUWABVB said...

You look TOTALLY different. In fact, you look as if you have lost a LOT more than 12 pounds. I cannot believe the transformation in your face and body. You look tiny compared to the first picture! What an inspiration!

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

I just recently found you to read. I am astounded that you have lost 12 lbs. You look amazing. Muscle must weigh more than fat for sure because you look like you have lost at least 20 or 30 lbs. CONGRATS!

Lidian said...

What a difference! You look amazing.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! The difference is really noticeably. Your attitude is so great. You look great! You are such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

a little different? ha! you look so different! :) doing great, girl!

Anonymous said...

That's a huge difference! You look great.

Wei Sic Meow said...

You can totally see a difference. You are looking great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Krissie! I can already see a big difference in your before pic and your "in progress" pic! Keep up the good work! BTW thanks for stopping by my blog! I live about 40 miles outside of Lexington, in Lawrenceburg so I attend meetings here in town.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can see a big difference. So glad you are back. Looking forward to more blogging!
JT

Holly said...

I agree, huge difference in how you look! You look great!

anna said...

you look soooo different in such a short time! you're truly amazing!

Mindy said...

Looking good girl! Hope you feel better soon.

Heather said...

wow that is an amazing difference! congrats to you, and I hope you feel better soon.

The Merry said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC!!! WOW... you can really see the difference. Well done!

Anonymous said...

you look amazing, krissie!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I can't wait until my before/afters look like that. :-)