Tuesday, February 19, 2008

be gone with it

What I Have Learned in Greenup/Atlanta
Installment 1
I'm Bringing Healthy Back
  • Not health related, but important. Tomorrow night, I will be in my own bed. With my sheets. With my husband. This is very exciting to me.
  • My food choices have been terrible. HOWEVER my portions have remained nice and small. I realized last night that I was full with half of my entree. I have just been overwhelmed and eaten what is convenient. But portions have still been very reasonable. I will just replace sweet and sour chicken with spinach quiche, and all will be okay.
  • I have walked a considerable amount each day. It hasn't been my typical exercise regimen, but I haven't totally fallen off. Actually, I was actually sore one night after a walk. So I've kept with it more than I thought. (And I've gone to the workout room twice!)
  • I am icredibly excited to get back to my program. I cannot wait to get back to the gym and the grocery store. I want to make pretty salads and stews.

One more night away to go! Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

Hanlie said...

I think you did so well! Congratulations! I'm glad it's almost time to go home for you...

Sarah P said...

I think your doing a fine job.... your in control of your portions even though you may not be eating the *best* of things.

How exciting that you going home tomorrow to see the hubby and sleep in your OWN bed... there is nothing better than your own bed!

Grumpy Chair said...

You are doing great while away from home. Walking everyday is very beneficial so that is super that you have managed to do that.

Enjoy your own bed tomorrow.

Diana Swallow said...

Maybe being away was a good thing. You said you found you were full on smaller portions, thats a HUGE NSV!! Having that carry over when you are home is a win win situation!

YAY for NSV and YAY for going home to your hubby and your bed!

Fairy Princess said...

I agree with Diana smaller portion = huge NSV! Congrats! I am sure you can't WAIT to get back to hubby! Have fun!!!!

HappyBlogChick said...

Portion sizes are super-important. It sounds like you did well!

And let me wish you an early "Welcome Home!"

Caroline said...

It feels sooooo good to come back to your own bed after a few days away! When I was with my in-laws over Christmas I got really frustrated with my eating and the WW leader at the place I went (where they live) said, "The only thing you always have control over is your portions." That really helped me and calmed me down. I cannot always control what I will eat. But I ALWAYS have complete control over how much I eat. It has helped me a lot!

Heather said...

hang in there..you will be back soon! I think keeping your portions in check and the exercise are key and I thikn its great you have been able to manage them.

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I'm sooooo glad you're coming back. I've been in Krissie withdrawl!

Mindy said...

Welcome back!

Marianna said...

I've truly enjoyed reading your blog entries over the past week or so. Your writing is so insightful, and your kind-hearted spirit just shines through every word! You're doing a wonderful job with everything, and I just wanted to send a few words of encouragement your way. Hope you're having an amazing day! God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for having a plan to get back at it. Sometimes you can't help everything, so I think you did really well despite the circumstances!

Welcome home!

Lidian said...

Yay, you're back (almost)!! We really missed you!