Wednesday, January 23, 2008

where did you get those high top shoes?

Hello Wednesday!

Today has been rockin'. And I have the battle scars to prove it. Unfortunatley, I have been unable to get photographic evidence of my injuries. I really wish it were warm here in Kentucky so I could wear a skirt and I could answer the question, "Where did you get those bruises?"

Well, I'll tell you.

My first injury came from this machine. I had pulled the peg that makes the little pads swing from the outside to the inside of my thighs. Well, somehow it banged my shin. I have a few scratches, and something that may be a bruise.

And then, for my final machine, I stopped here. I was a little ambitious, I'll admit. I did more weight than I probably should have, but I was in true Jillian mode. So when I finished my leg presses, and I swung my legs off the machine, they went more quickly than I had anticipated, causing contact with where my feet were, and leaving a nice scratch on my right knee, not far above my bruised shin. (Nice run-on sentence, Krissie.) (Oh yes! Thanks for noticing!)

As I was tending to my battle wounds, I realized that I *almost* have definition in my legs. Almost! And I've been doing this for, what, 3 weeks? How different will my body look in 3 months? I am totally psyched. (Oh, I spent 15 minutes on the treadmill, 30 on the Arc trainer/Elliptical Machine-Thingy, 15 on the bike, and 40 doing the weight machines.)

Tonight, to celebrate my employment, my friends, Nathan, and I are going to Regatta after Bible study. I'm thinking I can be pretty well-behaved: a cocktail, a salad, a grilled fish, (or maybe shrimp!) and a steamed veggie. And then the 5 of us can all split one dessert. I think I hae my evening planned!

Have a great day everyone!

13 comments:

Lidian said...

Hey, I just caught up with you! Congrats on the job, that is wonderful news!

Hanlie said...

I'm clumsy, so I always have bruises and scratches. I hope to gain some poise when I get thinner.

I tried the elliptical today and it kicked my butt! However, in the immortal words of Arnie, "I'll be back!"

Enjoy your evening out!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!! Well done. And well done for all the exercise you got in. Never mind the injuries.. I hope they're not serious of course.. they show how hard you try!
Have a nice evening out!

Pattie said...

The bruises just show how hard you're working. No pain, no gain - right? (I'm teasing!)

Congrats on your new job and your terrific outlook on life! I enjoy your writing.

*ccc* said...

Ah, they're battle scars. Look at all the best athletes--they tend to have a few of 'em.

Just discovered your blog and must admit...I think I'm hooked. Love the sense of humor :)

And your evening out sounds divine!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Krissie Keep it up!!
Shirley

Take One Stripper Pole said...

In a strange way I like the bruises .... it proves I have put some phenomenal work in that day. I have a lovely one on my knee from the pole now. I hope you have a wonderful dinner and celebration!

Susie said...

not related to this post at all--but congrats on the job and the successful shopping outing!You are doing all the right things and it's paying off..keep it up.Well done.
ps- Thanks for stopping by..you bring up a good point to ponder about making separate meals for the kids..thanks.

Nikki said...

I'm just catching up now, but CONGRATS ON THE NEW JOB!!!!

Angela Power said...

Yay, congrats on the job girl! Woot woot!

Bumps to the shin are the WORST! Bumps and bruises just toughin' ya up though, so good job for earning them ;-)

Oh and for the record, yup, it was straight out of the jug! lol

Grumpy Chair said...

Man, I'm impressed you can remember how you got your bruises, I'm always just shocked and have no recall when it comes to mine.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new job!!! I am sorry about the battle scars :( They are something to be proud of. I LOVE cybex gym equipment.

Anonymous said...

You are doing great and don't spend too much time in the mirror flexing all your new muscles (who am I kidding.. do it as much as you want!)...
Totally understand the bruises, it seems like no one can work their way around a gym without 'em... it means we are truly making an effort there.. (I like to think).