Tuesday, January 22, 2008

you haven't worn the old one yet

Krissie got a job! Krissie got a job!

I got Job #1. The one I really wanted. I start on February 4th. I'll train for a week or so (probably staying with my parents 'cause I'll be in that area) and then I'll be spending 2 weeks in Atlanta.

That is very exciting, but stressful, to me.

What will I eat? What will Nathan eat? Will I be able to keep up my gym habits?

Okay, to be honest, I'm more concerned with what Nathan will eat than what I will eat. I know he's a grown man (thanks for reminding me, Mom), I know he can cook, I know he knows where Chic-Fil-A is...but I like taking care of him. No, I LOVE taking care of him. He does so much for me. He shows me so much unconditional love. And one of the ways I show that back to him is in cooking. So I'm cooking huge meals and stocking the freezer. He won't even know I'm gone!

Speaking of new job, I will have to slowly fix my wardrobe. I have been working in a very casual environment. I wore my favorite gray lounge pants to work weekly. That can't happen now. I'm in a professional environment. I realize that I will be doing a lot of repeating, not only because I don't have the financial means to purchase a new wardrobe, but I'm not going to be able to wear my current size for much longer anyway.

My current size. Sigh. What exactly is my current size? I don't have any idea. I wanted a congratulatory employment gift today. I went to Kohl's looking for one of these (they were in their ad this week), but of course, they didn't have any. They did have several pieces in my motivation to be thin: the Simply Vera line. I ended up buying an awesome gray sweater (no link - I can't find it online) for $22. And it was a Large. Not XX, not even X, just L. I realize it was probably a fluke, but I have poured myself into XXLs for a LONG time. I feel like this was my first L of many. (Don't tell Nate, but I also spent $20 on a grey and black dress. It was an XL. But it is HOT.)

My plan for the evening is to spend the Biggest Loser 2 hours at the gym - 1 hour on the treadmill and 1 hour on the bike.

Now it's time for me to make dinner. I'm very excited, but you'll have to check out my food pictures later to see it.

Where are my food pics, you ask? They will be here from now on. I mentioned several days ago that posting food pics is kinda an excuse for me to be shallow here to meet my self-imposed daily blog requirement. No more. You'll have to click on the link on the right for "Tryin' on a Brand New Dress." You won't be disappointed.

Keep rocking ladies!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your new job! I have been following your blog for quite some time and it is my absolute favorite. I am a bit of a lurker, so wanted to introduce myself! I'm Jo and I love your blog. LOVE IT! Best weight loss blog out there.

Keep up the good work. I'm losing right along with you...You make me want to start my own blog and write!
Jo

marie said...

WOOHOOOO!

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

and I LOVE the new template :)

Felicia said...

YIPPIE!! Congrats on the new job!!! Have fun at the gym!!

*huggles*
=0)

Hanlie said...

That is great news! Congratulations! I'm glad it's the one you wanted, not the one with the long commute. You'll build up a wardrobe in time, don't worry! I have the same problem. I often think I should search for a half day position somewhere, but I don't even have the right clothes for interviews! And I'm not buying anything in my current size.

HappyBlogChick said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's wonderful!

With the clothes ... could you possibly find a few appropriate things in thrift/consignment shops? That way you're not investing big bucks in clothes you're not going to be in for too long.

Reading through old posts, it looks like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!

Caroline said...

Congrats on the job! During the summer after my first year of law school I lived with my parents for a month to work. When I came home after the first week I discovered this weird phenomenon that my oven doesn't work when I'm gone! My boyfriend had subsisted on rice cakes and wheat thins for the week, so I spent that weekend making big pots of his favorite dishes and freezing them so he wouldn't starve for the next 3 weeks. Oh what we do for love!

Donna B said...

I am so happy for you! You deserve it and I am so glad you got the #1 job you wanted. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congrats to you -- on *all* counts!

j

anna said...

SWEET mother of the size Large! don't it feel great?! wish i could see a link to the dress, too. dresses are sooo fun! congrats on the new dress and have a great trip!!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Congratulations on the new job and the new clothes .... size L here I come .... one of these days. Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures!

Lori said...

Congratulations!! I'd love to hear about what your job will entail...given we're in the same field and all! I'm so happy for you!!

Anonymous said...

Exciting times... change is good! You’re obviously a strong person, I think you will find a way to meet your eating/exercise goals even though your routine will be disrupted for a while!

I like your other food blogs by the way.... I’m eyeing up the asparagus pesto penne pasta... yum.

ps - BIG CONGRATS ON THE NEW SMALLER DRESS SIZE!!!!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

You got it?! HOORAY! And you know that if you want to hit the outlet malls I'm your girl. That said I'm psyched to see the new dress.

This is so exciting! Good work!!

Grumpy Chair said...

Wow, congratualtions on your new job. Best of all, it is the job you wanted.

I love Kohls and the Vera Wang line (though I'm still XXL). Do you have a Steve and Barrys? They have nice cheaply priced clothes (especially when dieting, you don't want to spend too much on a wardrobe you will only be in for a month or two.).

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job, how exciting. And new clothes, too............:)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new job!! i lived in atlanta for a couple of years as well! i'm so envious of the weather you're getting right now. it's so cold up here in the northeast! btw, Chic-Fil-A!!! AHH! i had forgotten all about Chic-Fil-A! I used to go there so often. And Arby's. And Popeye's. Oh, the south. :)

Holly said...

Congrats on the new job!! I am going through the same thing as you with having no professional work wardrobe. After staying home the last 4 years, I start a job in Feb where jeans won't cut it! It's hard to know what to buy when you're shrinking :). Not a bad predicament though. Thanks for the cake recipe you posted for me as well. I think I just might have to try that one!

Heather said...

congrats on the job and getting into a "L". i remember the day I went down from an XL to an L and it was veyr exciting!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Your blog is very inspiring! Congratulations on your success!! You manage to get in a lot of activity, I hope to do the same as I have only recently started Weight Watchers. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Congratulations.
I know how that size-down is one of the best feelings in the world.
Also, congrats on the job. Good luck!

Mindy said...

Congrats on the new job! I am intrigued by the Simply Vera line. I haven't been to Kohl's in forever so I haven't seen any of it. Hubby and I used to go often before we got married and he lived in Georgetown. The good news is that Richmond's Kohls will open in March, yah!

You are SO rocking your workouts. Good, no, GREAT for you!!!!