Saturday, January 26, 2008

jealous of the moon

Today was my "Krissie Got a Job!" lunch celebraion. All in all, I think I really ate okay. I went significantly over my typical calorie intake of late, but I am still safely within what SparkPeople says should be my calorie range. Yay!

The party started with homemade Sangria. This was split between like 8 of us, so I really didn't drink that much of it. But it was really good.

Then came appetiziers. I love brie, fruit, and bread.
Nothing says Par-Tay! like roasted red pepper hummus. (Yes, I know I'm a dork.)
I think I did really well with the appetizers, as my plate looked like this: (Don't you love my Incredible Hulk plate?)

Then I made Beef and Burgundy. Now there's a little more butter than I usually cook with, but I am choosing this as a Celebration food. And that's okay. I ate one ladle full, over about 3/4 cup of brown rice, so all in all I think I did really well.


My dear friend, Nicole, is aware of how I'm trying to be good. So she made this Pineapple Cake. It's angel food cake, whipped cream, pineapples, sugar free pudding mix, and strawberries. I could have eaten it all day. But I had a slice at the party, and another slice for dinner.
For dinner, I also had two more small slices of brie, a strawberry, and two little slivers of bread. And a small mocha latte from Starbucks.

Nathan is at the gym. I feel terrible for not going, but I am exhausted. It was a long day. A good day, of course, but entertaining exhausts me. It's 9:30, and I'm getting ready to curl up in bed with a book.

It blows my mind how exhaustion changes my entire attitude. I know I did very well food-wise today. We had a great time with our friends. I have a job! I have an amazing husband. But being too tired to go to the gym makes me feel like a total failure and makes me want to attack the leftover hummus. That is why I need to go upstairs, away from the kitchen.

10 comments:

Holly said...

Ok that food looks WAY too good. I can tell ya that my plate would NOT have looked like yours but loaded with way more LOL. Kudos on keeping on track! Try to remember that when you are calling yourself a failure for not going to the gym. A failure would have eaten the rest of the brie and cake by now ;)

Lori said...

You did awesome for a day of entertaining!! We have to listen to our bodies and that's what you did tonight. Think of it as taking care of yourself, just in a different way tonight! Keep up the great work - you are an inspiration!!

Hanlie said...

I'll come party with you anyday! That food looked marvelous. I'm dairy intolerant but I loves me some brie from time to time!

I think you did very well! Much better than I would have! But it's amazing how fatigue, stress, and the like can ambush us. Good on you for resisting!

Anonymous said...

OMG that looks delicious! I love love love all of those foods you've prepared. And the cake! Marvelous.
Thanks for sharing those pictures and ideas. And well done for sticking to your calorie range!

Lora said...

Congratulations on your new job! You were very wise to head up to bed and away from the kitchen. (It's amazing how those left overs call us from the fridge isn't it?) You did well at your little celebration! Be proud :-)

Lidian said...

What a delicious meal - it all looks wonderful. And you did great, and it is OK to miss the gym if you are really really tired!

Love your title - like the title or first line of a poem. How did you think of it?

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Hulk rules! I am going to pop over to your recipe blog right now and steal your Sangria recipe. Thanks!

*Christie* said...

The whole meal looks wonderful! I would be very interested in your hummus recipe, and the beef burgundy, and the cake your friend made!! That was nice of your friend to bring you a healthy type of cake.

I know what you mean about exhaustion changing your attitude. But please don't feel like a failure! You did great and you can go to the gym tomorrow. Do 10 extra minutes and give yourself something else to feel good about. :)

Christie
http://letsseewhathappens1.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the getting enough sleep thing. It's a vital part of my success as well. When I'm tired, I simply don't have the strength to keep up the good fight. Bravo for recognizing this about yourself. We really are getting tuned into our bodies, aren't we? Congrats again on the job! You deserved a day full of celebration!

Cheers.
j

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job, and that looks like a fabulous party!