Tuesday, January 1, 2008

its never too late to try

Happy New Year!

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I'm kinda in denial. But here's my food for today.

Breakfast: I finished off the Banana Nut Crunch (boo!) and 1 cup 2% milk.

Lunch was leftovers from last night's chicken salad. I put the banana in the picture, but didn't eat it until we got back from the gym.
Not food, but snow! It started snowing when we got to the gym, and this was the view from our back deck as we were cooking dinner.
Dinner was Asian Steak Salad with Cucumber and Napa Cabbage. It was really good.
We went to the gym again today before dinner. We did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 30 on the bike. I really pushed myself during the commercials, and had a hard time recovering. I'll get back into it. I'm just happy that I'm starting healthy habits again.

Resolution update: 1.8 miles and 2 recipes down. (Although I made the lunch salad yesterday, I ate it today so I'm counting it.)

Token Fat Girl has started an etsy store. I wanted to be supportive of her, and the first item up for sale is this cute little "Be Fearless" Token. At first I thought, "I'm not afraid of anything, but I'll buy it anyway." Then I started putting away laundry, and was hit with a brick that I am afraid of a lot of things when it comes to my weight loss. I am afraid that I may lose weight and still not have a baby. Then I couldn't be angry at myself anymore (I really believe my weight is the core of our infertility issues). Then who would I blame? I think even bigger than that is the fear that I won't be able to maintain success. I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago, and put almost 70 back on. I'm more afraid of backsliding than I am afraid of not succeeding.

Then, on a daily basis, I'm afraid to be the fattest girl in the gym. Afraid that Nathan won't like a healthy recipe. Afraid that I'll tie my shoe too tight and get a cramp while I'm on the treadmill. Afraid that other people in the gym notice how floppy I am on the bike. Afraid I'll look stupid using the weight machines.

These are all excuses I have used. NO MORE! I am making no more excuses.

I AM FEARLESS!

Oh, Biggest Loser is coming on. I'll see you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

How come your food looks so much better than mine?? LOL, seriously it looks like magazine food! Kudos to Nathan for eating healthy with you unlike my Hubby who hates everything but potatoes and cheese. You're off to a good start!

That Chick Over There said...

You're awesome!

And your food looks SO GOOD. :)

nathan said...

What are the odds of me not liking a recipe, healthy or not?

Krissie said...

It IS magazine food...it's all from this month's Martha Stewart FOOD magazine.

Carleen said...

Its interesting how much fear we all have-- we all should be fearless!!! good job with the purchase and the commitment to yourself!
take care

Linds said...

Oh wow, your food pictures look so good!! Congrats on getting to the gym!! I worry about people looking at me when I'm at the gym... but then I came to realize that everyone is so busy doing their own thing, they are not focusing on me. Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

That food looks amazing! I think I am going to have to try it out!

Wei Sic Meow said...

This was a really inspiring post. Staring the fear in the face and saying "no more" to it is definitely a big step. Well done to you.

Lorrie said...

your food really looks great krissie, your new job should be teaching people how to cook healthy meals :)
Thank you for the etsy support. I actually had my fearless inspiration from martha herself. In an interview someone asked her how she bances back so easily and she simply said "I'm fearless" and it really hit home that all of these fears are my excuses and i am ultimately holding myself back.

Anyhow, these new years blog entries are wonderful!