Monday, December 31, 2007

she saw the world through the eyes of a child

So this is my New Year's Eve. Easter Challenge starting weight...

Breakfast! Banana Nut Crunch and 2% milk. I know I could do better calories and fat wise with 1%, but while waiting for my most recent haircut, I read an article in Newsweek about how full-fat dairy helped with fertility issues. So I'm at 2% milk and full-fat cheese. Nathan is happy, and I'm making caloric room.
Lunch: Vegetable soup (some meat, of course) and 4 saltines. There's also a little triangle of chocolate. I ate this one, and another one.
Snack #1: Half an apple and a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Dinner ROCKED. Seared Chicken Salad with Almonds and Dried Cranberries and Sangria. I used spinach instead of arugula - Meijer was really picked over. But the salad was really good and our tummies are happy.
After gym snack: one orange.
After gym, you ask? Yes, after gym. Nate and I went over to the clubhouse, and 2 treadmills were fixed! So I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the bike, and 15 on the weights. Yes, we are awesome.
Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

That dinner salad looked awesome! Congratulations on the great start.

lainb said...

What a colorful food day!

Anonymous said...

We are going to kick butt in 2008!!!!

I wish I had cute toes! I don't think I could ever post a picture of my feet... they are awful.

Sarah said...

What yummy foods. I love your Fiesta ware and that you have all different colors! My mom loves the stuff and has so much of it, I am the lucky recipient of a lot of it :)

Bye! said...

Yup 2008 is going to be the Year of Weight Loss - I can feel it! :)
That was a pretty full on gym workout you did too - way to go!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

You are awesome! I want that salad.

Christine said...

Hey! Good on you for getting started! Great feet! I am so ready for 2008 - my body is really excited to kick it into gear. Your food pictures look amazing! Keep it up!