Sunday, January 20, 2008

hold on to that feeling

So, today, Krissie is officially a party pooper. And okay with it.

We go over to a friend's house to watch football (which I do not understand at all). The plan was to fix dinner. They were kinda set on brats, potato salad, chips, beer - typical football food. But they gave me an option, "But that's probably not what you want, right?" Right. Somehow, chili came up and everyone pretty much seemed happy. It's too cold to grill anyway.

So football is watched, chili is eaten which of course leads to talk about farting, and I say that it's time for us to go to the gym. Before ice cream, before the board games come out, it's time for us to go. Nathan was a trooper, put up no resistance, and home and to the gym we went.

One one hand, I felt like a jerk. We are social. We love our friends. We were leaving as the festivities continued. And I had to pull Nathan out of a good time as well.

But on the other hand, I felt victorious. I was not indulging in a scoop of banana split ice cream. (Who am I kidding? I wouldn't have stopped at one.) I was choosing to spend 60 minutes on the treadmill and 60 minutes on the bike. Did I mention that I only had 1 bowl of chili, and it was significantly less full than anyone else's at the table?

I chose what needed to be done ahead of what I wanted to do. Scratch that. I chose what I wanted to do. I wanted to go to the gym. That blows me away. I WANTED to go to the gym. And I put what I wanted ahead of any obligation I felt.

No food pics today. Sorry. Sometimes I think that I use them as a blog crutch - like I don't have to say anything as long as I have nice pictures to look at. I'm still taking pictures, though. Breakfast as 2 eggs, 2 slices toast, 2 slices 2% cheese and an orange. Breakfast was a banana split sandwich. I had a small mocha latte for a snack. And chili for dinner.

Tomorrow is weigh day! Good luck everyone!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so proud of you!!!! We have been doing this thing for 3 weeks and the gym is becoming habit for you. It is so exciting. 2 hours! You are awesome!

Oh and I love Graeter's Ice Cream. The chips are SO soft!

Le Butterfly said...

Well done.

I almost forgot about weighing this morning - thanx for the reminer.

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on going to the gym! What an awesome workout you had! :)

Hanlie said...

You officially rock! Well done! It's not a bad idea to head the temptations off at the pass and go to gym instead!

Anonymous said...

That kind of change in, not just your priorities, but in what you *want* and need during a day is what makes this so much more than a *diet* and is exactly why you WILL be successful and reach your goals. Bravo!

j

Lori said...

You are a machine!! Keep it up!

Enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

Well, you went to the party and the gym. So you got the best of both worlds :)

Making exercise a priority is the only way to be consistent with it. You did the right thing.

Grumpy Chair said...

Two hours of cardio on a Sunday after football and chili! That is incredible. What a great hubby to not complain and go to the gym with you as a workout buddy.

Heather said...

that is fantastic!! I wish I could choose the gym over something else!