Friday, December 14, 2007

something about paper dolls

I Love FB. She called me out by calling herself out. And then Mindy goes and does the same thing. Its time for a confession.

Confession:

I started this blog in February. It is a Weight Loss blog. But I've gained 8 pound in these 10 months. I'm exactly (to the tenth of a pound) where I was on New Years Day last year. I don't want this to be me. I think the quote from FB really described me (and I know you don't mind that I borrowed it).

And the whole time I was eating that birthday cake and all of it's ridiculously sugary frosting I kept thinking, I don't even really want to eat this but I will because it's here. You want to know how I got so fat? Reread that last sentence.


I love you, girl, for being able to call me out just by being yourself.

Confession #2:

I had a corn dog and a pepsi for lunch today.

Confession #3:

I really REALLY want to be a runner.

I know these things do not go together. I'm not giving up.

I am, however, accepting that my career is in a very stressful season. And I have to put my energy there right now. I am also realizing that I need control, and I have little control at work. I could find that control in my eating and exercising. I'm not done wallowing yet, though. I'm at a much better place than I was 2 days ago, though.

Since I don't have any weight loss tips today (like i have for months), I decided to continue the random pictures of things. Today I'm going to show you my favorite ornaments on my tree.


This is one of our new ornaments this year. It came from you guessed it, the Biltmore. Also in the picture is the new carousel polar bear from Nate's Mom.



This is my ornament to Nate this year: a mini pound of Starbucks coffee.

This is an ornament from Nate's Mom several years ago. It's almost what I do!I think I bought this one myself. But I love it.This is the Angel of Remembrance. It is a nice time for me to remember where I came from, who I miss, and who I have to be thankful for.

I love this ornament. A few years ago, I made ornaments as gifts. This is the one I made for Nate. It says "i love you" and then has a strand of lights. It is probably my best creative moment.

I bought this ornament forever ago, maybe 1999. When I saw this angel, I thought it looked like what our children would eventually look like. It may be my favorite ornament of all.

Last year at work, we did an ornament exchange. I got the one my friend Vanessa brought. She now lives in Idaho and I miss her terribly. (and then there's the backwards butt of Nate's childhood clothespin reindeer.)

This ornament reminds me of my Scully girl.

Any ornaments you'd like to share? I'd love to see them!

4 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I love you too girl! And I don't mind that you borrowed the quote (but you knew that already). Also I want to be a runner too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Krissie, I hear you....It is hard road of re-training your brain when you are stressed. In scripture it says to hold captive those thoughts.... so mentally I grab those thoughts of food when I'm stressed and throw them down and stomp on them then I grab my shoes and run out the door in the opposite direction of the fridge. I have mentally throw down all types of thoughts, not just about food!!!
You'll get there, you have incredible support from Nathan, and the desire to get to the finish line!!

Anonymous said...

Aww... such beautiful ornaments! I don't know what about ornaments I love, but there is just something about them... as I put up the tree I always reminisce about the memories they bring up...

I love putting up the christmas tree... and oddly enough, I prefer doing it all by myself, at my own speed and singing Christmas songs at the top of my lungs... Sadly, I won't be able to put up a Christmas tree this year, but next year I am hoping to start my own collection of ornaments now that I am living on my own and have my dad's retired tree... (at least I have some lights that I'll string around my stuff)

That Chick Over There said...

You were married one week after us! How cool!! :)