Saturday, December 15, 2007

there'll be much mistletoe-ing

I started my day with my kitchen looking like this:

Add 7 and 1/2 pounds of chocolate, some liquor, and a bottle of wine...
Tah dah!!
The tins for family and friends are not quite full yet, but they are getting there.



Still needing to be covered are Spicy Truffles and Espresso Truffles.

And somewhere in there are Poor Man's Turtles and Rocky Road Bark that are getting solid.


And I still have these to make.

The good thing about making all this candy is that the last thing I want to do after spending 8 hours around it is eat any of it. I've had one truffle, and that was many hours ago.


Now, the rest of my evening will be spent Farley-style. Hoping I can get him out of my chair.



Hope you all are having safe weekends! The weather might get kinda snowy here tomorrow. As long as I can get to Meijer to get the rest of my chocolate, I should be okay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! You are a domestic goddess! Oh I love baking and all that looks fantastic - just makes me want to stop blogging... ahem.. studying.. and make delicious treats.

Good for you for not eating all 7 and a half pounds of that chocolate... I think I would have had a tougher time. But you are right, when you are around it for so long, the novelty of it wears off - especially when it's for something special, like gifts...

Kim said...

WOW! That is some SERIOUS baking. I am very impressed. (And now also very very hungry!!)

I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. It's always so exciting to meet someone new!!

Sounds like we have a good bit in common and I'm looking forward to reading more about you!! :)

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

YUM. No, seriously? YUM.

marie said...

Oh

Sweet

Lord.

That looks sooo good.