Monday, October 29, 2007

I smell like I sound

I was given the day off today since I worked all weekend. It was a great day.

I have found my motivation. I am going to be healthy and thin, and it's all because of her.

I usually get frustrated when I try on clothes. I hate the way I look in clothes. I am more concerned "if" things fit rather than "how" they fit. I found myself at Kohl's today, and my eye was drawn to the pretty colors in the Vera Wang section. I'll admit, I'm sold. I bought a sweater and a short-sleeved shirt to wear underneath (neither of which are on the website) and they are SO FLATTERING! (You'll see pictures later 'cause it's what I'm wearing on my birthday). I want to wear more things from her line, particurarly pants. But the clothes are pretty and not clingy and stylish and me! I've bought from Old Navy for years because it is relatively cheap and they carry my size. I'm on a mission to wear Vera Wang!

After my Kohl's experience, I went to Meijer and bought good groceries. The menu this week is Faux Chicken Pot Pie (chicken, veggies, whole-wheat noodles and grazy covered with low-fat biscuits), Sausage and Lentils with Rice, and Corn Chowder. I bought triscuits, string cheese, grapes, bananas, and lots of Lean Cuisines. I am so excited!

There is something about the fall that makes me want to run. I have to be smart about this. I haven't been doing a lot. I just need to walk for a few days. That's on the adgenda for later!

Nathan also fixed my birthday plans. His family made alternate plans, so I get to experience my day - the good, the bad, and the ugly - without worrying about what others think of me. That makes me feel better. We are having dinner at Boone Tavern. I can't decide what I want to eat. And I guess it depends on what the specials are as well.

Thank you all for sticking with me through my funk lately. I love you all!!

5 comments:

marie said...

yummy - i'd want the pork chops and the salmon. can i come too? :P

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Okay, I'm a big fan of designers and believe me, you cannot go wrong with Vera Wang. Simple, elegant, classic. Good for you! Glad to hear the birthday plans are coming together too -- everything's coming up Krissie!

Aimee said...

In case I don't get back here before Saturday.... Happy Birthday!!!! :)

I volunteered to work Saturday from 8-2 at the new hospital (then I'm going back at 5:00 to give Rick and my parents a tour since it's employee family night. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for our families to see parts of the new hospital they'll never be allowed to enter once it opens). Rick is taking me out for my birthday on Sunday instead. No idea where we're going yet. Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm good friends with "Lily's Valley" and visit your blog often for weight loss support and understand the struggle involved. I don't know if you've ever tried Jenny Craig but I have slowly and healthfully lost 40 lbs at the JC center in Lex. It's great for busy people like us and the food is very good. I was skeptical at first but it really works. I was hungry the first two weeks but that was it. Plus if I actually worked out I would lose it faster.

Mindy said...

Glad you are feeling better. And as a Berea citizen, I'm happy to see you are spending your birthday at Boone's Tavern!