Saturday, October 27, 2007

...and I was a diving duck

I haven't been writing 'cause I haven't been well.

  • My job is totally stressing me out. I'm working all weekend.
  • I will be 30 in one week.
  • I have been paying absolutely no attention to my body. I fill it with crap and I don't make it do anything.
  • I am 29 years and 358 days old.
  • I hate Izzie and George. And it makes me really mad that there are people that find their relationship okay.
  • I will be 30 a week from today.
  • I picked a fight with Nathan last night.
  • Did I mention that I'm 7 days away from being 30?

I know that 30 is just a number. But it's not in the 20's. I just thought I'd be different at 30, that's all. We don't have a baby. I'm usually okay with that, really. But my time is seriously running out. When my mom was 30, her youngest was 7. Seven. I don't even have an oldest. I have 2 cats. I'm the crazy old cat lady.

And now it's back to writing reports for work...

5 comments:

Christine said...

Feeling that too - I turn 30 in a few weeks too. :) One day at a time girl! It's too overwhelming if you look at it any other way.

Anonymous said...

I turned 30 last week.

It's all perspective . . . when my mom was my age, she had me. We celebrated her 60th and my 30th in the same year. And I'm her oldest. I think knowing that has kept me from freaking out. I'm actually kind of excited to be 30. I'm not married and I don't have children. But I know there's still time.

I don't know you, but through reading your blog my opinion of you is high. The family thing will happen for you. It may not be in the way you originally planned but it'll happen.

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Thirty is the new twenty. Really. And you can't play the "when my mom was my age" game because you're not the same people, it's not the same time, it's not the same situation. When my mom was my age (twenty-four) her youngest was in kindergarten. Doesn't mean that I should have a kid that age, and just because your mom had a seven-year old doesn't mean you should feel like a failure because you don't. I know it's hard, but try to focus on the great things you DO have -- a wonderful husband, a home, a job you're passionate about, blah blah blah. Quit beating yourself up because you are FABulous and it's time to celebrate your awesomeness. Duh, that's what birthdays are for! :)

nathan said...

If that was a fight, I think we're doing okay.

Kathy said...

Izzie and George...there is a definite ick factor going there and their self-indulgence just makes me want to throw things at them!!!