Wednesday, August 15, 2007

hide the scars to fade away the shake-up!

The other day, Fat Bridesmaid talked about the future-her. That got me started thinking about the Future Krissie and what I wanted her to be.

Then I was watching Oprah today and listening to famous women talk about their journeys to become more like themselves, their paths to becoming greater versions of themselves.

And that got me thinking about who I want to be.

I want to be a runner.
I want to eat healthy.
I want to be a good wife.
I want to have a strong prayer life.
I want to be responsible with money.

Notice what is not in there? A mention of a weight, or a jeans size, or any other description of not fat. I can be who I want to be! I want to be someone with different behaviors, not different being.

I am going to rock at this self-improvement thing.

...just as soon as I find the time!

I really think that will come after the move! Less than a month to go!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Your list looks just like mine. :)

marie said...

totally achievable!

Anonymous said...

haha... I totally love that you guys like arrested development! I cried a few tears when I found out it had been cancelled... :( At least there will always be the dvd's...

And I watched that Oprah episode yesterday too! I love the self-improvement ones...

I think your list is great! I need to get more responsible with money too... and eat healthier (obviously)... we all can do it!

Mindy said...

Terrific list! I share a lot of those myself. I know you can achieve them!