Saturday, June 2, 2007

when I'm lonely or on my own

When I was a teenager, we had a pool in our backyard. My brothers, friends, and I played volleyball sometimes. One of my most vivid memories from that time is that we would often break into random song. If we missed the volleyball, we'd start singing,"I Missed Again" by Phil Collins. (Hence the very random title of this blog.)

Today I am not missing. Today I am going to Weight Watchers. I'm sure the number will be frightening, but I am going.

I'm tired. I'm tired of not doing this right. I'm tired of doing thisngs halfway, and then quarter way, and then not at all. I'm tired of not giving to myself what I give to other people. I am smart. I am successful. I can lose weight. But I tend to put other things ahead of that on my priority list. I like tv. I like to sit on the couch. I like chocolate and hot dogs. I like scrambled eggs (with cheese and bacon on toasted bread). I need to peel off all these horrid layers of laziness and gluttony and become the person I know I am.

One of the things I love is music. Music gets me going. It makes me want to run (sometimes). It makes me want to go. So I am sharing some of my favorites with you. Being under a lot of weight is like being under heavy covers, and I'm done with that! In honor of peeling off the layers of crazy, I am offering you a selection of my favorite cover songs. So here's the deal.

You have one week to reply to this post and just let me know that you are entering the contest. I will create 5 copies of the musical masterpiece and will choose 5 random replies (I'll number them, and choose numbers out of a hat or bowl or something else round). I know I may be flattering myself that 5 people out there will actually want my cd, but I can hope.

I will choose the lucky winners next Sunday, June 9, and get the cds on their way!

So I'm getting back on the scale today. I'll share the good, the bad, and the ugly tomorrow.

14 comments:

Maya said...

Count me in for the contest!

Anonymous said...

I love contests. Count me in! Good for you for going to WW even though you didn't want to. I will be having a contest on my blog next week to win The Beck Diet Solution book. Be looking for it.

I'd love for you to join the "SFF Before & After Challenge" Just a little way to motivate yourself with a sense of humor. Check it out on my blog.

southernfriedfatty.wordpress.com

andrea rory finisen said...

I'm a lurker but a sucker for a contest! Count me in!

Aimee said...

Oooh, count me in! I LOVE music AND contests. Sounds like fun!

Amy said...

Count me in - anything I can do to help you... I am IN!
Go Krissie, Go

Bye! said...

sure, count me in too. I am always in for a music competition! :)
Personally when I want to get the blood pumping I'll put on some of my 'heavier' tastes in music and really bash it out. Once I have my mp3 going again I'll be making some gym playlists. (especially when I am on the treadmill - otherwise I just feel like 20 min of high speed walking is pure hell!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want to be in the contest! And not just because you said you are giving stuff away! I just know you have fabulous taste in music (e.g. your wedding CD)! I still read your blog every morning, and I LOVE hearing what's going on with you. I feel like I'm part of a reality show with someone I admire so much! Tell the fam I said hi! Love ya girl!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

How on earth did I miss this post?! Me and my crazy life I suppose. Well count me in girl! I'm ready to kick it up a knotch!

Amy said...

Woo hoo.. sign me up!

Sarah said...

I love your blog! I am so impressed you got rid of 2/3 of your purses!

Oh and I love Nickle Creek too! let's hope they split isn't too permanent.

marie said...

in

Anonymous said...

Krissie,
You have way more than 5 that want your CD girlie!!! I still have the one from your wedding reception. Count me in your contest!!
Shirley

Carrie said...

What a great idea! Marathon season is upon me, so your playlist will be perfect to pump me up on my training runs!

Anonymous said...

This is my entry! :)