Sunday, June 10, 2007

we climb on two by two

I can't believe how fast the weekend went by...grrrr.

We had a great day yesterday, as we cleaned out our pantry, which has actually been the closet of things we never unpacked from our move 2+ years ago. We took a car full of stuff to Goodwill and have almost as much to recycle or throw away. We started on our upstairs back closet, but it was full of stuff from our parents' homes, so the nostalgia slowed things down. I found a copy of the Suck List, a list that hung in my dorm hallway in college that documented 1001 reasons my best friend and I sucked. Some of it was hilarious. Much of it I didn't understand or remember, and some of it reminded me of how much I was stuck in a terrible relationship. I'm so glad Nathan rescued me from who I was. I was on the track to being a bitter and lonely person. I would have been much fatter if I was bitter and lonely, I'm sure.

Today we went to visit Kent in Lexington. For some reason, we drove around and looked in houses on the Tour of Luxury Homes. It is absolutely disgusting what houses are selling for a mere 40 miles from our current home.

Did I mention that I ate tons of crap today? A jerk chicken sandwich and chips for lunch at Cosi. Buffalo chicken sandwich, fries, and Pepsi for dinner at Ramsey's. Why do I drink Pepsi? I know it upsets my stomach. I know I'll pay for it all evening. But I do it anyway. Maybe I've learned my lesson this time.

So the contest is officially over! I have decided that the winners will each receive a copy of my "Kick off the Covers" cd and two random cds from my collection. Very exciting! For the winners: Email me your address (questionsfordessert at gmail dot com) and I'll get the prizes out to the winners by the end of the week! And the winners are:

  1. Southern Fried Fatty
  2. Aimee
  3. Fat Bridesmaid
  4. Marie
  5. Token Fat Girl

It's time for a bath and bed for me. Four days of work, then Kansas for four days, one day off, and a new job! It's an exciting time to be me!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

OMG! I won! I won! Too cool! I'm so excited! I never win anything. Thank you so much Krissie! :)

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I won too??! WOOHOO!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! I won. The only thing I have ever won was a one-eyed hamster when I was in the 3rd grade.

marie said...

WHEEE! i'm not a loser :)