Days remaining of current job: 3
Today has been a huge, embarrassing failure because:
- I had 2 starbucks drinks today.
- I bought a new Vera Bradley bag. After all my purging of bags. I really did need one to have as a carry-on for Friday. That means I have to put one of the ones I decided to keep in the Goodwill pile. That will be done. Amen.
- I have eaten 3 mini Reese cups today.
- Nathan spent all evening working in the yard. I did very little. I mostly watched tv and played stupid games on the internet.
- The crap I cleaned out of my desk and shelves at work will almost fill up my trunk. I can't bear to leave it behind because I paid for the stuff (art therapy supplies, play therapy supplies, books, toys, games, etc). Although I won't use it in my new job, I'm not about to leave it there. It's a stubbornness and pride thing for me I guess. I don't know where I'm going to put it all in my house. I guess it's a good thing I'd cleaned out so much stuff.
- I went through the drive-thru at Taco Bell today. I had a single soft taco supreme and an extra large ice water.
- I managed to have a meeting with the boss's boss and stayed objective and factual about why I am unhappy with my current job.
- I pulled weeds in the flowerbeds in the front of the house and around trees.
- I talked to my friend Vanessa in Idaho. I'm going to make hotel reservations so we can attend her wedding in July. It's not in Idaho, just Ohio.
Despite my annoyances with today, the next week will be awesome because:
Friday we will board a plane and head to see the brother Zak in Kansas! We are meeting my parents, my other brother and his wife for a long weekend in the Sunflower State. It's been a while since we've all been together that hasn't been due to illness. I miss my brothers. We're all growing up, and away, now. I'm three hours from home, Nick's still home but he works and goes to school all the time, and Zak's 12 hours from home. There was a day when we used to look like this. Sigh. I have no idea how old this picture is. I mean, isn't the spiral perm every young girl's dream? But at least the boys don't have mullets. They must have outgrown them by then...