Thursday, June 7, 2007

could I have been your little sister?

Great news! I am a fully-licensed therapist! I got my beautiful certificate in the mail today! I've been working for 7 long years for today (2 years of grad school + 2 years working + 1 more year of grad school +2 more years working). So to celebrate, Nathan and I went out and had a sensible dinner. That was funny. We went to Johnny Carinos. We ate. And had dessert. It was glorious. That being said, it's the first time in a long time (several months, I think) that I've eaten to the point of being disgustingly full. I had forgotten how uncomfortable this feels. I think it will keep me from doing it again for a while.

My eating has been terrible today. All kinds of junk. So much sugar, I don't even know where to begin. When will I stop torturing myself? Right now, because I am not going to wallow in defeat.

Anyway, after dinner, we went to Old Navy. I also decided to treat myself to a new outfit for my first day of my new job (a week from today!). I learned 2 things at Old Navy:

1. My bust gets in the way of allowing some cute dresses to look cute. Anything that has a waist just makes me look like I'm looking trying to show off my chest.

2. If the dress has no waist, I have no shape. Or, should I say, my shape is blob. That's what I am. Blob-ish. The cute dresses without a defined waist just hung off my lovely bust and created a horrible mu-mu thing. So cute, but so un-cute on me.

So we left Old Navy empty handed. Boo. And I won't even order the clothes I want on-line (that they didn't have in the store) because it may take them a while to get here and I don't want them to sit on the porch the whole time we are in Kansas. Blech!!

I think I am going to start going through some of my books tonight. I'm not reading anything right now and maybe I'll find something I haven't read as I begin my purging of 2/3 of my books.

Remember to respond to this post to be entered in the contest.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow! Congratulations on getting your certificate! That's awesome! You must be really proud of yourself (not to mention tired) from all of those years of working for it.

Amy said...

Congrats my friend! :)