Friday, May 4, 2007

May the 4th be with you

My brother, Nick, lives for May the Fourth. He thinks the wish is hilarious. I agree. Just say it out loud, in any Star Wars voice. You'll understand.

Yesterday was good. I stuck to my meal plan all day, until dinner. Another stressful day at work. (Something needs to be done that no one wants to do? Krissie isn't in the office, so we'll send her to do it!) So after work, I didn't want to cook. We went to our other favorite coffee shop hangout, The Hub, where I had an amazing Thai Salad. Mixed greens, chicken, mandaring oranges, chow mein noodles, and a sesame penaut dressing. Very good. Oh, and a fortune cookie!

Grey's Anatomy is going down the tubes, I believe. I do not like the new Addison Show. The Grey's main characters are charming, in part, due to their youth. Seeing "grown ups" act in a similar fashion is just pathetic. I don't think I'll watch. But even the story line with the usual cast is making me want to vomit. George and Izzy? Derrick meeting someone new next week? Meredith's newly-bonded step mommy dying? Making Burke second guess the relationship with Christina? Groan. 2 more episodes. Then I can reevaluate for several months and be excited again in the fall.

And today is very exciting. Yesterday I wore my first pair of "goal pants." I bought these jeans about a year ago, and wore them in public for just the third or so time yesterday. By the time I got home, they were loosey goosey. So today, in honor of my interview, I decided to try on a pair of khakis that I bought just by looking at the tag (very misleading) that I have never worn, only rarely gotten to button. They fit! They fit nicely too. Such a nice boost for my job interview (at 3 for anyone concerned).

I have no idea what my food plan looks like today. It's okay not to plan. I've got too much other stuff going on (like being nervous!) and I'll probably have to make myself eat anyway.

Have a great day! I'll let you know how the interview goes!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good luck with the interview and way to go with the 'goal pants'!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Yay for goal pants! I might have to dig mine out of the closet and give them a try. I forgot all about them until I read this. How was the interview?! I'm on pins and needles!

katieo said...

krissie- I just found your blog and I have two things to say:
1) You introduced me to "May the 4th." LOVE star wars but had never heard that. Thank you.
2) I'm a huge Blake Lewis fan and also bought that single
ok sorry, three things,
3) good luck!