Wednesday, May 2, 2007

set me free, why don't you?

I have reached a new low. It started with last night: I voted for an Amerian Idol for the first time. Then, tonight, I downloaded not one, but THREE, songs by Blake Lewis, my favorite. I hang my head in shame, as I listen to Love Song, You Keep Me Hanging On, and You Give Love a Bad Name over and over. I'm disgusted with myself. But I sure do love my dear Blake!

Today has been a day of ups and downs. I'm feeling somewhat better. Still draining, but I went to work. Work was work. We are all in different stages of the same uber-cold. The kids were punks. Nothing new.

I did apply for a new job today (shhh!). I interview on Friday. I feel pretty good about it. The dude hiring used to be my boss, and in his email response to my resume said, "Girl, give me a call." That makes me feel pretty good about things. But I want to make sure I am interested in the job before I let my current employer know. I feel a little guilty. Just a little.


But then I get home to discover that our lovely cats have used our entire upstairs as their litterbox. As in every room. Someone was obviously sick. Or both of them. Must have been both. Nathan had most of it cleaned up when I got home and he was pretty frustrated. So we went to the Fudgery.


And that's where the evening went awry. I had eaten on schedule today up to that point. But there I had a meatloaf sandwich and a big scoop of chocolate ice cream. I don't have any idea how to count them. I just figure that the combo took the remaining 8 daily points and remaining 15 weekly points. I just gotta be really good for 2 more days...

I have such good intentions, and then I just don't stick with the plan. I do so well until I get home. I think it's because I am so focused at work and I really don't have time to think that I need a snack or that I don't really want to eat what I brought for lunch.

I hope that some of that focused-ness carries over into after-work-hours for the rest of the week. This time next week, we will have all kinds of houseguests before and during Nate's brother's wedding and graduation. So we have a lot of housecleaning to do. We keep a neat house, but we often ignore dusting everywhere and sweeping in rooms that we're not in all that often. And we kinda live in piles. Neat piles, but piles. And those need to disappear. We have a whole week! I just hope the cats don't decide to pull a repeat of today's disaster while we have company...

Wow. Bedtime snuck up on me quickly tonight. So here is my eating plan for tomorrow.

Breakfast (6 points):
Starbucks drink
Banana

Lunch (9 points):
McD's Southwest Chicken Salad and Dressing

Dinner (9 points):
Flat-Out Pizza
Salad and Dressing

Snacks (4):
Popcorn
String Cheese

I am sticking with the plan! I am one with the plan!

7 comments:

Bye! said...

boy oh boy, what a day you've had my girl!! I think you handled it well considering the cat poo and such!
Good luck on the job I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :)
Now you know about budgies I will have to write an entry about 'budgie smugglers' LOL You'll kill yourself laughing.
Take care and have a great weekend.

Every other obese guy out there probably said...

Hey Krissie. You just had a rough day. From what you've said, you already have shaken it off and are looking forward, so it's all good. Good luck w/ the interview. Things will look up.

nathan said...

As of 5:17 PM, the cats have not desecrated the house today.

Anonymous said...

I think one of the most important things I have ever learned reading peoples' blogs is that every day is a new chance to start over. One bad meal won't derail all your previous hard work! I love thinking like that, because then you can stop feeling guilty about what you eat (at least, not while you are eating it...). And I completely recommend the daily plate! It's a great site, although it takes a bit of time to get in to it. It's amazing to see how many calories you can put away in a day! sorry for the long comment... haha, and good luck on your interview!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Hey, sounds to me like you handled things really well. I mean, isn't that the whole point of having flex points? And you aren't letting it derail your progress for the rest of the week. You're doing great.

Good luck with the job interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Aimee said...

I wasn't sure if I really liked the song Blake did this week or not (I like the original Bon Jovi stuff), but after I watched it for the 2nd time, it was pretty cool. I like Blake just for the fact that he's unique, and I'm glad he's the last guy left in the competition. I have to admit, I'm rooting for Melinda to win though. That girl can sing anything! LOL! I liked Gina when she was on, but she's gone now. And I'm seriously glad Sanjaya is gone. He over stayed his welcome a long time ago. :)

I use to have 5 cats when I was married. I know all about having to clean up the pukes and everything else. I loved them to death though.

Anyway, Good luck at your interview! I hope it's exactly what you're looking for and you get it.

Anonymous said...

A plan is a good thing!

We are pilers too. Since we are trying to sell our house though, it all had to go. Now, not a pile to be found anywhere. Good stuff!