Thursday, April 12, 2007

like she's walking on a wire

Well, the car is okay today. I realize I still need to get it to a mechanic (that'll be Monday), but it comforting to know that at least for now, it is not absolutely necessary to buy a new car. I want car shopping to be fun and patient, not rushed and a necessity. I'm still looking around, though.

Today has been a really good day. It's still too cold here for my gauchos and flip flops (way too cold, actually) and I was a little bummed this morning. But I did try on a few pairs of capris that are almost wearable in public. Maybe they will be by the time the weather lets me wear them!

It's been a great day for food, and I'm really not sure what 's been different. Breakfast was the typical Starbucks and banana (6 points), lunch was a turkey sandwich and triscuits (7 points) and dinner was a smorgasboard of sorts. I couldn't decide what I wanted, so I spread it out over about an hour and had a little of everything: a bowl of wheat chex (5 points), a Fiber One bar and a small glass of milk (4 points) and half of a peanut-butter-banana-honey sandwich (4 points) and if I've done the math right, that leaves me with 2 points left for the day. I have been in my weekly flex a little more than I'd like this week, so I've stopped eating for the day.

During my running phase, I subscribed to Runner's World Magazine. I got the first one today. Only a little sad. It's making me second-guess putting off running. But I'm sticking to my plan right now.

I didn't go to the gym. It's just too cold and nasty outside. And, since the car talk started, I thought it was very important to make sure that our finances were in perfect order. That means balancing the checkbook, which I hadn't done since November. So that took a huge chunk of my evening. And now it's time for Grey's Anatomy. I know it's a rerun, but I hope it's not a stupid one.

I started the day feeling terrible that I didn't plan my eating for today, but now I am very pleased at how it turned out. Here is tomorrow's plan:

Breakfast (6 points)
Starbucks drink
banana

Lunch (8 points)
Salad with apples, oranges, walnuts
2 tbsp raspberry viniagrette
6 cracked pepper triscuits

Dinner (7 points)
Flat-Out pizza
Broccoli

Snacks (3 points)
Fiber 1 Bar
Popcorn

Have a great night!

1 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm sending you skinny vibes for your weigh in Krissie! Hope you do well (I'm sure you will). I'll have to look into that Beck Solution book that you mentioned. I could certainly use all the help I can get these days. :)

Your dinner sounds a lot like my dinner last night. I started off with a cup of chicken fried rice from Trader Joe's for dinner, then I had toast with peanut butter, then I had a couple dark chocolate hershey kisses and a glass of milk to finish it all off. Nothing really went together. LOL!

Hope you can get your car fixed without needing to buy another one right now. Car shopping should be fun. :) TTYL!