Saturday, March 17, 2007

it's not easy being green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am plagued this morning by choices of clothing. As far as true kelly green, I have two shirt options, both possessing their own limitations. I could wear my "Shamrock Shuffle" t-shirt representing the race packet I picked up last night and the race that we slept through. Or I could wear my Kansas "Rockchalk Shamrock" shirt. Except Kansas plays Kentucky tomorrow, and I got enough dirty looks at a baby shower yesterday where I was the only KU fan in a sea of blue. (Who'da thunk a baby shower could have passed as a UK rally?) Maybe the best choice is just to be pinched.

Nathan is home! Nathan is home! Nathan is home! It was so nice just to lay around on the couch and watch basketball last night. It's after 10, and he's still in bed. Poor thing.

I am bound and determined to win our bracket poll at work. Strange because I know nothing and care little about basketball. Of the 7 first-round winners I missed, I only have 2 of them winning next games. So things could still go my way! There's a lunch at Clouds Country Cooking on the line. Oh, and of course, bragging rights.

So on this lovely St Paddy's Day, we are going to a Irish show at our local theater (The Ragged Edge) and expect it to be as exciting as last year's. I'm sure Nate has a lot of homework to catch up on before then, so I don't know what the rest of the day holds in store for me. Happy St Patrick's to all and to all a good...day.

0 comments: