Monday, March 3, 2008

place them in a box until a quieter time

I love March. Why you ask?

1. My oldest friend, Jenifer, hits the big 3-0 today. She can't call me old anymore! Happy Birthday Jen!

2. I weighed in this morning for a significant gain. 222.8. I am okay with this. I know that I ate pizza last night and I only exercised one time last week. I also weighed last in the middle of a bout with the flu, so the number was probably due to lack of food and dehydration. BUT I had a salad for lunch today and I am going to the gym to watch John and Kate Plus 8 tonight!

3. I am HOME. I will not be staying with my parents or some hotel in Atlanta. I have my food in my kitchen and my gym. We are starting our week of salads tomorrow. I love cooking!

4. It was 71 degrees today. I know it'll probably be snowing tomorrow, but I am so excited that spring is on the way. I drove home from work with my windows partway down and radio blaring. I love spring.

5. Remember last fall how we had our grand Nickel Creek tour? Well, their mandolin player has a new band, the Punch Brothers, and we are seeing them 3 times this spring, with 2 of them being in March.

6. Another part of being home is increased time with my honey. Not only is my husband really cute, but he's really smart as well. We had this lovely conversation yesterday.

Me: See this sweater I'm wearing? It's a large.
Him: I wear a large! You tell me all the time how skinny I am, so the large means you're skinny too!

I love his logic.

12 comments:

Donna B said...

Your hubby must have been made out of the same mold as mine! He told me my butt was smaller! I told him it has always been small, it is my belly that is fat! I don't need to lose any weight in my butt. He too was cute saying it and trying to be so sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet guy! Glad you're not beating yourself up about the gain. I love your attitude!

Heather said...

I was up today too but still weighed in and at least I know why I was up. so I think the same is definitely true for you. I give you credit for sticking to your weigh in even though you probably knew it would be up, and you know exactly why. I know you will be right back down next week.

Diana Swallow said...

Happy Bday to Jenifer!

I love your hubby's logic! Great plan to restructure and get back on track!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Dude, seriously, can I please clone Nate? Mine can have dark hair (so we can tell them apart). And I love your attitude about the gain -- you detoured but you're back now, baby! March is your month!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Thanks for the birthday shout-out!!!!! And, I'm sorry to tell you, but you are still exactly4 months older than me, so I can still call you old....but I wouldn't dare!

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

I was up this week too! Maybe it's some sort of universal first week in March spring fever thing. Maybe not, but I like that Idea. Sounds like you have next week in the bag though!

Oh, btw, I love love love Nickel Creek, but I've never seem them live. I bet they are phenomenal!

Teale said...

Aww, I love his skinny comment to you!

Swizzlepop said...

OMG I LOVE your husband's comment. Too cute and sweet!

Anonymous said...

that's the best comment from a husband EVER!! Great goals once you get back home and settled. Stick to it! You'll do great.

Anonymous said...

I love March too. And spring in general.

Great convo with the husband. That actually is really great logic.

lainb said...

aw, your husband wins the "hubby of the year" award (YET AGAIN)!