Sunday, February 3, 2008

the right thing and the hard thing are the same

Remember when I said that part of my Scale-Free February was not judging my success on a scale but on an outfit? Here it is. Yikes. Cover the eyes of any small children that may be around.


Yikes. But I still smile!

I consider these my "fat" skinny jeans. They are the jeans that are always a little tight - that I am 'this-close' to being able to wear in public. The ones that when paired with the right shirt are wearable. Well, I have paired them with my "Why did I buy a shirt too small?" shirt. (I bought it in the fall 'cause it was really cheap and cute, and I thought I could give it away if I couldn't wear it in the spring.) Yeah, that's not a nice look I have going there.

Bring it on, March! I'm ready for the after picture!
I'm checking blogs while I let my breakfast settle. Then I'm going to the gym, taking a shower, and leaving town for a few days. I'll only be on the road for about 2 hours. For my first round of training (Monday - Thursday), I'll be training in my hometown. So I'll be staying with my parents. My Dad just got an iPhone Thursday, so we'll play and learn together. He called me last night to ask what I wanted for dinner, and we discussed healthy options. I love my dad.
Have a great Sunday!

15 comments:

Wei Sic Meow said...

I think you're looking pretty cute there Krissie. I'm looking forward to seeing the "after" pics too, they'll be great. I love that feeling of fitting into clothes that previously were too small, it's my favourite NSV.

I'm glad you're doing the scale-free time too, I think you'll find it pretty liberating.

Good luck with all of it, though I'm sure you won't need it. Have a great week on your training.

Lora said...

You don't look as bad as you THINK you do! We are all our worst critics. Just make sure when you lose more weight you dress for it! Too often people hide under baggy clothes when they really have a great new body to show off and be proud if!

Anonymous said...

First off, you're cute as hell, girl... so don't knock yourself in your fat-skinny jeans! :) Secondly, good luck as you start a month full of new adventures and minus the scale. We're all rooting for you!

Cheers!
j

Anonymous said...

I also took a photograph of myself, but I have to say, yours is pretty good! I think it's a great idea too, even in the mirror the picture that looks back at me is not the same as the one I see in my head...if you know what I mean? I think it's good to have pics that you can look back on and compare with new ones.
I also think you're very strong willed not to weigh this month but I think it's a good idea. Different scales give different readings and it can leave you disilusioned about your progress. Well done you!

Hanlie said...

That's going to fit properly in no time at all! I also have clothes that I've never worn because I bought them too small!

All the best with your endeavours this month. We hope to be in touch!

Diana Swallow said...

Just remember, no matter how bad you think you look, there is always someone out there who wishes they were your size. I have clothes that are too tight and I put on a pair of pants the other day that I couldn't pull all the way up much less button or zipper. I should put them on and take a picture just for my own reference, not for the eyes of others. Great post! Have a great week training!

Caroline said...

I agree with above - you don't look nearly as bad as you think you do in that picture! I totally admire you for the scale-free February. You're doing great and don't let the scale tell you any differently!

Heather said...

I agree with everyone else, I dont think you look as bad as you think you do! but, we are always our own worst critic. I hope you can have a picture soon in clothes that you feel great in.

Carleen said...

you look great... your doing very well- we all look forward to seeing your march picture!
Take Care and have a great month!

Lidian said...

You look wonderful Krissie - have a great rest of the weekend!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Have a safe trip and let us know how the training goes. And how cute is it that your dad wanted to plan menus with you?! Awwww...

Sarah P said...

WHATEVER! You do not look bad at all! I think you look great! I guess I need to break out my camera so you can really see what GROSS looks like ;) I LOVE that outfit and you look cute! Keep it up and come March 1st that outfit will be SMOKING hot on you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Monitoring progress by clothes size is such a good idea.
Good luck with the traqining and the healthy lifestyle.

Mindy said...

You're much too hard on yourself!

Have a great week of training!

Swizzlepop said...

I think your before picture is great and will really help you see a difference as time goes on, just be sure to always take your progress pictures in the same outfit, until it starts to get way too big of course! I admire you for having a scale free month. I am too obsessed with mine to let it out of my sight now. Good luck this month!