Sunday, January 6, 2008

we are forms of everything we love

Food Pictures!!

I gave in. Starbucks drink #2 for the week. It's better than one a day, though. And you sould be proud of me! We actually went to da 'bucks, and I got one of the refrigerated drinks over ice instead of my old standby - Venti White Peppermint Mocha. It is my standby no more! Lunch was leftovers from dinner. Shredded Cuban Pork, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Cuban Black Beans, a little pineapple salsa, and sour cream. It was really good.
Dinner is Shrimp and Tomato Pasta. And it was good too!

(Just a note - anything recipe that I cook and post pictures of can be found at my recipe blog. On the first meal (not leftovers), I link the recipe as well.)

We took down the Christmas tree today. Rather, Nathan took it down. I found it a little too depressing. I'm sad that the holidays are over. But we went to the gym. I rode the bike for an hour. (I watched LA Ink. I wish I had the guts to get a tatoo.) My lovely husband ran part of the time. I'm just a little jealous. Then I did 20 minutes of arm weights, and they are pretty much jello now. It was back to being a good workout. I could have kept going for a lot longer. I felt much better than the defeat I felt the whole time I was on the treadmill yesterday.

Tomorrow is the big weigh in. I am very excited. I have had a really good week. I have eaten an average of 1377 calories each day. Over the 7 days, I worked out 6 of those days for a total of 7 hours and 20 minutes. Isn't that crazy? Mostly treadmill and bike with some weights and a little yoga thrown in. More important than my stats, though, is the way I feel. I feel so motivated. I feel like this is already habit for me. We are going to work out. We just are. It's not an option, it's a ready made decision. And I feel like this is the most satisfied I've been with food in a long time. I'm cooking every day. I'm making it pretty. I'm not eating to being stuffed. I'm eating when I'm hungry, and I'm eating just enough. I don't miss junk food, although I did have a handful of mini-marshmallows the other night. It was a great splurge. Not a candy bar, or a scoop of ice cream, but 8 or so mini-marshmallows. I feel great.

I've been trying to decide exactly what sort of "plan" that I'm on. I'm recording what I eat on fitday and I am keeping a notebook that I write things down and count the points. What I am loving, though, is that I'm not figuring anything up until the end of the day. I am trusting myself to make healthy choices. And somehow I know that the numbers at the end of the day will be reasonable.

I have also done well with my resolutions. I have walked 7.3 miles. I have tried 8 new recipes. I am rocking 2008!

Weigh in is tomorrow, so we'll see just how much I rock. I'm off to paint my toes so they'll be pretty in the scale picture!

13 comments:

Teale said...

I love the light frappuchinos at Starbucks. A medium sized one is only about 150 cals (well, for mocha, caramel, or vanilla bean... those are the ones I get!)

Aimee said...

You're doing awesome!!!

Melanie said...

Krissie! You're a rock star! You have so much to be proud of! You go girl! I'm so envious that you are trying all these new recipes and enjoying them. See, I just don't like to cook so the chances of me trying new recipes are slim unless they have fewer than 7 ingredients and take less than 30 minutes to prepare. Don't even say Rachel to me though - her recipes TOTALLY don't take 30 minutes. :) It could be just me though! I love, love, love Starbucks' soy peppermint latte... yum-o! Sorry, did I just emulate Rach? Ha!

Well good for you Krissie, I'm very happy for you!!!! :)

Carleen said...

your doing great!! I watched some LA ink today to!! love the food pics.... you guys are doing very well on the workout front! Congrats

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Iced skinny caramel macchiato for me -- 4 points for a grande and totally worth the splurge now and then.

Props to you for doing an hour on the bike! I did 30 minutes today at the gym and had to switch to the treadmil because I was bored outta my mind.

Kim said...

WOW - you have racked up some serious gym time! I am impressed. :) Can't wait to hear how the weigh in goes. :)

Grumpy Chair said...

Wow you really are rocking so far!

I love Starbucks, but gave up caffeine in December, so I order decaf with a little cream for my special treat.

Wei Sic Meow said...

You are awesome! Well done! And you must have read my mind, I was really eyeing a package of shrimp at the supermarket today and thinking I could have it with pasta. Now I wish I did! Do you have the recipe for the shredded Cuban pork? The very thought of that is about to give me the midnight munchies!

Trisaratops said...

I love your line "We are going to work out. We just are. It isn't an option." That's exactly the mentality to have! It's so easy to make up excuses why we can't go.

Trisaratops said...

I love your line "We are going to work out. We just are. It isn't an option." That's exactly the mentality to have! It's so easy to make up excuses why we can't go.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Your commitment is strong and you're on a roll. I love the Peppermint Mochas too. I must stay away from Starbucks--mantra in my head.

It's nice to finally make the decision to "do it. No excuses!" It took me a good 3 years to get to this point. Way to go. I look forward to the journey.

Diana Swallow said...

Great job on the exercise!! I try to make my own iced coffees at home and tell myself they are just as good LOL, they are good but they aren't Starbucks!

Fairy Princess said...

You are rocking 2008! Keep up the awesome work! BTW I hear ya on the Starbucks love. My coffee with equal and skim milk just isn't a mocha cappuccino from Starbucks EVER LOL!