Saturday, January 5, 2008

I will not leave you all alone

Happy Saturday! We have had a great day today. We slept in, and then had a great breakfast (2 eggs, 2 slices 2% cheese, 2 slices 35 calorie toast, 3 slices pre-cooked bacon, and a glass of milk). We ate breakfast a little late, then planned dinner for 7, so I decided I needed to eat lunch before we went to the gym, even though I wasn't really hungry. 1 cup cheerios and 1 cup milk.
Dinner was really good, and I got 3 new recipes in! Cuban Shredded Pork tacos, Buttermilk Mashed Sweet Potatoes, and Cuban Black Beans. We had 2 friends over, and I think they enjoyed dinner. Then we watched some Arrested Development. All is well.
We went to the gym today, and it was really hard. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill, an even 2 miles. My body didn't cooperate. I was ready to quit after 7 minutes, but I pushed through. I don't know what my problem was. I pushed through, though, and I hope tomorrow is better gym-wise.

I have been reading a lot of blogs today, and I am very proud of us. I love that I feel like I know so many of you, and that you know me and where I am. I love having you all to share my meals and successes and failures with. Thank you so much for hanging out with me!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on such a great day! Good for your for getting the work done on the treadmill - it isn't easy, but it is worth it!!

Christine said...

Ohhh hmmm supper looks really good.

Melanie said...

Hi Krissie,
Your breakfast sounds so good that I'm going to whip it up here in a bit. And your dinner... Yum-O! (as Rachel herself would say if she saw it!) I'm going to go check out your recipe blog today. You just might make me rethink my dislike of cooking! Good for you for pushing through at the gym. Can ya send me some of your determination please? I need it desperately right now! :)

Anonymous said...

You are doing great!!! I am going to use your to motivate me today :)

Linds said...

Congrats on making it to the gym! You really are kicking butt!!!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I hate those days at the gym when you feel like quitting after just a few minutes. I'm glad you didn't give up. Didn't it feel a smidge more awesome when you finished your workout even though you didn't feel like it when you started?

Anonymous said...

It is great that you managed to do 45 minutes on the treadmill having thought of quitting after 7 minutes.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about those first 7-8 minutes on the treadmill, but I often find it gets easier after that, too. Good for you for pushing yourself a bit. I like seeing the pictures of your meals.

Trisaratops said...

Okay, I peeked at your FitDay as you asked me to, and I'm so bloody impressed that you're keeping around 1400-1500 calories per day. That is incredible. You go girl!

Lidian said...

What a great dinner! I love black beans - will check your recipe blog too. And great work on the exercise. I need to start back to this too!

Littleladyhead said...

Your recipes look so delicious! I am going to have to try them!!!
You are doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!!
Monica

Suz said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! After the toddler goes to bed I will do some catch-up reading on your blog (but I should probably get on the treadmill....) :)

I saw that you are an aspiring runner and I am too! That has been a goal for a long time that I hope to actually achieve in 2008.