Monday, January 7, 2008

a simple prop to occupy my time

I am so excited for my weight loss this week! I love reading about the success of my blog friends too!

I got what I wished for! I took a new job today. I don't know the pay yet, but I'm expecting minimal. It's the morning shift at a local restaurant. It's early mornings, so I'll be able to do something else in the evening as well. My last day at my current job is Friday. I'm kinda worried about how the money is going to work out, but I know it will. We'll make it work. My dinners and lunches may become less dramatic, but it will work.

I have felt good after workouts all week. But today at work, I was resting the phone on my shoulder, and got a siginficant pain in my left shoulder. It's still there. So I'm taking today off from the gym.

Today's Eats!

Refrigerated Starbucks drink and apple for breakfast:


Leftover shrimp pasta for lunch. Couscous Salad with Roasted Veggies for dinner.

Then I got really munchy. I had a bowl of Wheat Chex...
And a little cup of marshmallows, peanuts, and chocolate chips.
You know what? I am not doing this. My shoulder hurts. That has nothing to do with the exercise bike. After Wheel of Fortune, I am going to the gym. Amen.

(P.S. I love you, Nathan! I do not deserve someone as supportive, as self-less, and as giving as you are. Thank you so much for the career understanding, the gym encouragement, and being such a good food guinea pig! You are my honey!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you, your blog makes me hungry! LOL you make the best looking meals. And that Starbucks photo is just cruel LOL. Glad you are doing so well!! Keep it up!

*huggles*
Felicia =0)

Sarah said...

I love looking at your daily food pictures. Everything looks so yummy! Come cook for me, please! Good luck with the new job. Things will work out for you.

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

Go one and rock the bike girl (and big ups on the huge loss!). Just be sure to give that sore shoulder a rest until it's nice and healthy. And congrats on the job! Are you hostessing, cooking, waiting tables?

Anonymous said...

First off... I love the REM reference in the title of this post. Secondly, it's fairly sad that I think I recognize the iced vente white mocha from the picture and thirdly, before I got to the end of your post about having your wallet stolen I was thinking "it's a sign girl, you're meant to be outta there!" I'm glad you came to that same conclusion while exercising your blues away. Forgive me if I sound preachy but, you know, we only get one shot at life, and it's far too short to spend it doing things that make you unhappy. If you find more happiness and less stress at your new gig, I bet the other details will fall into place. That said... good luck, and congrats on your recent weight loss. Hope it continues!

Cheers!
j