Sunday, December 30, 2007

all this time and you on my mind

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

Nathan and I are doing nothing (NOTHING!) tomorrow. I may follow-up on a few jobs, so some more online applications, but we're not going out or anything. That is how we always spend New Year's. And I'm totally content with that.

I've been working really hard on my resolutions. And I'm going to put them on my side-bar. I have 3, and I think they are pretty straightforward and achievable.

1. In 2008, I will lose 50 pounds.
2. In 2008, I will walk/run a total of 500 miles.
3. In 2008, I will try 50 new recipes.

The ONLY way I will excuse not meeting these is the presence of a baby.

There they are. Beautiful, aren't they?

I look at who I want to be, what I want to achieve, and I realize that I may sound weight focused. I honestly believe that is where my issues are. I have a wonderful marriage, a wonderful family, wonderful friends, and a wonderful home. I hate my job, but I am actively pursuing a change, and will be otherwise employed by February 1st. I wanted my resolutions to be simple, achievable, and health related. And three is my favorite number. So there they are.

I am excited for a new challenge I have found to get me off to a good start. Shannon's Easter Challenge starts tomorrow. I am excited that it starts on NYE not NYD. I feel like I'm getting a jump-start on my year. And the treadmill people are supposed to come to our workout room tomorrow, so that is helpful. But tomorrow is the Big Weigh In. That makes me really nervous. I haven't been on the scale since who knows when. But to know that I meet my goal, I have to have a starting point, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sound like great resolutions! I really am glad you are joining in on the challenge :)

Mindy said...

Happy New Year's Eve Eve to you! Your resolutions are good ones and I have faith in you to keep them going through 2008.

Sarah said...

Krissie you have made some great resolutions! I am so glad I have gotten to know you over the past year.

I know you can do it. I will be here in 2008 to support you along the way.

Mindy said...

We'll definitely have to meet for coffee or a "healthy" (the new us, you know) lunch sometime!