Thursday, August 9, 2007

movin' on up!!


We are moving! I am very excited! Let me count the ways...


  1. My commute will be 4 minutes. It is currently 65.

  2. We will be within walking distance of everything we could possibly need (Meijer, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble, Johnny Carino's, etc.).

  3. There are a TON of sidewalks EVERYWHERE.

  4. Our complex has a very nice fitness center.

  5. There is a church within walking distance that I think we should check out.

  6. There is no yard to mow.

  7. There are no weeds to pull.

  8. It is so beautiful!

  9. We have less space, which means we will have less stuff.

  10. Our kitchen will have an island!

I should have taken pictures today, but I didn't. We signed contracts to buy and sell today. We have 35 days to close on the house we are selling and 45 on the house we are buying. I'm nervous that we will have some layover where we are homeless, but I'm sure we could shack up with Kent. Today we picked out hardwood, and carpet, and appliances...it was just so cool!


I have such a good feeling about this move. I really do. I am excited to have treadmills and weights and safe places to walk right outside my door. I am excited to be in the city, in the middle of all the stuff, and closer to the people we want to be with.


Yay us!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Well, if thats where you are moving, its just beautiful! Congrats! I hope that things come thru for you!!

Bye! said...

that must be a load off your mind! I am happy that things have worked out for you. :) The new place sounds awesome, especially the gym part!
Can't wait to see piccys!
Luv Annie

Ann(ie) said...

Yay. Sounds like a fabulous transition. Can't wait to see pics!!

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

CONGRATS! That's terrific news! I'm so happy for you guys!

Mindy said...

That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you.

Amy said...

Woo hoo.. yay you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! It sounds fantastic! And who doesn't love a good kitchen island? :)

Aimee said...

Woohoo! Congratulations to you guys!!! I can hear the excitement in your words. :) We want pics when you're all moved in. :)

nathan said...

My commute will be 45 minutes! It is currently...oh, 45 minutes.

lainb said...

yay! You sound very happy about this move. One of the most important things for me is having a short commute so going from 65 minutes to 4 minutes is HUGE...you're going to have SOOOOO much more time in your day! :)