Wednesday, July 18, 2007

and all will see

i listened to an amazing sermon today. mr. southland preacher discussed how big God is. he talked about the enormous stars and the incredible size of the universe. in particular, a star called betelgeuse that is twice the size of the earth's orbit around the sun. millions of light years away. if the earth was a golf ball, betelgeuse would be the size of 6 empire state buildings stacked on top of each other. and he made me think. how can i question my God when He is big enough to have created something that big? mr. southland said,


Most of my praying life, I have been advising God, correcting God, suggesting things to God, throwing diagrams at God, reviewing things with God, counseling God...No more, no more, because BeetleJuice rocked my world.
he also talked about several other large stars, but then he got molecular: he talked about laminin. those are the proteins that hold the cells in our bodies together. and, scientifically, what does laminin look like?
so not only is God in the ginormous things, He is also in the very small things. specifically, in me. a representation of Jesus literally holds me together. the visual in that was huge for me. and i was just listening while i was driving.

a God who created massive stars in millions of universes that we cannot even begin to fathom also created me: a tiny grain of sand on a tiny dot revolving around a small star.

i belong to God. i belong to Nathan. everything else is just details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure this sermon isn't from the Louie Giglio 'How Great Is Our God Tour'. Sorry, but I believe in giving credit to the correct source.