Tuesday, June 19, 2007

my style is like a chemical spill

So today, after all that vacationing, I am officially back on track.

I have set the following goals for today through July 18:

  • No tv in my house. If I am visiting someone or at the gym, I will not be a social outcast and deny myself. I just won't have it on in my house.
  • I am eating very little meat. Kinda the same principle. Not in my house. If I'm out and there is no meatless option, it's okay to indulge. Fish is okay. But I am ingesting very limited meat.
  • I am eating very limited processed foods. Only frozen lunches as a last resort. Not much of it.
  • I am starting the Couch-to-5K this weekend. And I am doing it outside.
  • I am listening to a sermon every day on the commute home from work.
  • I am still allowing myself my daily starbucks drink. Too much change to try to change that as well.

Okay. There it is. I said it. I feel good about it. I am using fitday.com as Aimee suggested. Thanks!

Today was really good foodwise. Actually, it was great all the way around.

Breakfast: Starbucks drink, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 slice 35 calorie bread

Lunch (at the Fudgery): peanut butter, banana, and honey on whole wheat. They even gave us ice cream to take home (for free!), but I dropped it off at my previous place of employment.

Dinner: 2 whole grain waffles with pumpkin-yogurt sauce. I tried to make pumpkin pancakes, but the recipe called for add-water-only pancake mix, and I didn't read that and I bought normal whole wheat pancake mix. So no matter what I added, the consistancy wasn't right. It's no big deal, I'll try again next week.

Snack: banana popsicle and a handful of reduced fat potato chips.

I feel really good about it all.

I'm off to make lunch for tomorrow. New day, new job!!

2 comments:

marie said...

LOVE that you're limiting processed foods (they are the devil and i have rid myself of 100 calorie packs myself ;)

curious about the meat though...and i too can NEVER give up the 'bucks (my brother would disown me as he works there!)

got the cds - so deliriously happy - and track 13 is ben harper doing in your eyes. this song is in heavy rotation on my iPod. Say Anything is one of my FAVES! you kick ARSE!!

Aimee said...

I'm not eating processed stuff either. Hope your new job went well today. I'm mailing something off to you tomorrow if I can get it done tonight. ;)