Saturday, June 30, 2007

if I had a million dollars

It's post #100! That's amazing to me.



I have a big favor to ask my Blogland friends. I have decided that along with my purging of things, I am going to set a large collection of my books free. I came across BookCrossing.com. It's a way to send books to others and/or leave them in random places and then have their adventures recorded. I am very excited about this. However, I live in central Kentucky. There is a limit to adventures that a book can have here.

Here lies the favor to me/prize for you. Email me your mailing address, leave a comment, and I'll send you a book. In the mail. It's that easy. I ask only 2 things of you: log it on the website (there are instructions on the inside of the book) and set it free when you are done. You can read it if you like, if it suits your fancy, but when you're done, leave it somewhere. In a dentist's office, at Starbucks, in the newspaper bin at the convenient store, wherever. Then log that into the website as well. This will be so exciting! I have a ton of books that I am liberating, and I can promise that the first 8-10 will be weight loss related and then my favorite fiction. The ones that I didn't enjoy will be going to Goodwill, not to my friends. If you are willing to take more than one, please let me know.

I am still trying to get back on track with my eating. Nathan is home, we're back in our house, things are good. I did have Starbucks for breakfast and I only ate half of my lunch. Dinner is yet to be determined, but it'll probably be take-out.

I'm so excited to get my books into BookCrossing. So my 100th post is going to be short.

Send me addresses and I'll send you books!

8 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I'll take a book or two! I'm not that far away but it might help give your books some adventure. I think you have my mailing address but if not let me know and I'll give it to you again.

This is an awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

I loved your post and want to encourage as many people as possible to participate! Congratulations on putting this together.
Scott
CEO BookCrossing

pussreboots said...

Welcome to BookCrossing. If you sign up with RABCK.com, you can find my address (look up Caligula03). I've been active BC member since 2003. I will gladly read and release any books you send my way. :D

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely brilliant idea! I'll definitely be emailing you my address :)

Anonymous said...

Add your user name (please) so I can list you as my referrer :)

Krissie :-) said...

I love the idea. And I'll be in touch. :)

Sarah said...

This is such a cool idea!!! I will be sending you my address :)

Naturally Blessed said...

wooo hooo!!!! love it! love to red but have been to broke to score my own lately.

gonna shoot my address to your email. thanks a lot....

for others who may notice this comment....i have a few books as well....i rarely re-read...though its not an extensive collection....if you'd like one let me know....hmmm...maybe i should check out BookCrossing as well.....