Sunday, May 20, 2007

you're the one that I wanted to find

Yesterday was a busy day!

It started with weigh-in. Not good. I was up 2.6. All in all, that's two weeks without counting a single bite. And the night before, I ate a philly cheese grinder and had a little to drink at Kent's. I was actually just proud that I hadn't gained back all of my loss. So when I lose the 2.4 I need to bring me back to 5 pounds, do I get another pedicure?

After the meeting, we drove around looking at houses in the city my new job is in. We got very disheartened. It's so upsetting that moving 35 miles away makes such a ridiculous difference in real estate prices. For a house half the size of ours, it's double the price. I don't know what we're going to do. We found a house that's up for auction on Saturday, so we're thinking about seeing if that's a possibility. But we don't know. Isn't it cute, though?




Yesterday was also the day of magazines. New Runner's World, new Oprah, new Rachael Ray and I even gave in and bought People (I think) 'cause of the ladies that lost 100 pounds. It was very inspiring. Especially to see that it took them 2 years. It made me realize that slow and steady is the way to succeed. I'm just impatient!

But I know that the way I succeed is to plan. So here is my plan. Or my rough plan. We need to go to the store.

B: Oatmeal with nuts and fruit
L: Turkey Sandwich and Triscuits
D: Some meat and a vegetable from the grill

3 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

adorable house! love love love!

Sarah said...

I broke down and bought that issue of People too. I also bought US with Ricki Lake on the cover.

Good luck with your house hunt!

Aimee said...

The house is cute! I hope you can find something in your price range that is huge! :) I also bought the Issue of People magazine. I haven't had a chance to read it yet though.