Saturday, March 31, 2007

let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink

Today is a good day. Started my morning with Weight Watchers. Yes, I went. I was nervous to weigh, but I'm down 8 pounds from what the doctor's scale said on March 6. That's a good feeling and such a good way to start things off! And I'm only 5 pounds over the weight I was when I first started WW in March of '03 (for the wedding). As "bad" as I've been the last few years, I am very proud of that as well.

I went to Panera and got an IC Mocha as my last horrah. I barely drank half. Then I went to Joseph Beth and bought a Vera Bradly binder for all my WW stuff. (I LOVE Vera Bradley!) I tend to intellectualize WW and enjoy writing down and counting and planning, and saving my old plans for when things feel stale and un-fun. I feel like I've got all my ducks in a row, and now I just get to watch them shrink!

As of right now, it's a beautiful day. Nate and I are going to go to Millennium Park later to walk the trail. Then tomorrow (April 1 as promised) I will be a runner!

I made a playlist with all the songs I've used for blog title lyrics, and it's pretty stinkin' good.

My day was made by my new blogging friend. She did a gratitude list today, and I thought I would do the same.

  1. I am thankful to have a God and Savior that knows my faults and my shortcomings and loves me anyway.
  2. I am thankful to have a husband who is proud of me and puts up with my incessant questioning ("Why do you love me so much today?" "Do you have anything to tell me?") that comes from the therapist in me.
  3. I am thankful that I know there is a plan for my life, whether that be Kentucky or Kansas or North Carolina or Oregon or Maine or the Bahamas (hey, a girl can dream!).
  4. I am thankful that I have the motivation to change my life and take charge of my health.
  5. I am thankful for Old Navy skirts and gauchos.
  6. I am thankful for healthy chicken salad.
  7. I am thankful for sunshine.
  8. I am thankful for ice water in my favorite Full Moon Cafe glass.
  9. I am thankful for sermons on podcasts.
  10. I am thankful for flip flops and crocs.

How 'bout you?

I am going to learn how to use Weight Watchers online e-tools now. Drop me a comment!

0 comments: