Saturday, March 15, 2008

places we've grown

I'll admit it. I've been feeling pretty crappy about myself lately. I think I went to the gym three times this week. I've eaten way too many mini Twix bars and little bags of M&Ms. I've eaten lunch at Chipotle twice.

But you know what? That DOES NOT take away from what I have accomplished this year.

I am - and will be - proud of what I have accomplished.

  • I got a new job. A job that I like. I was unhappy where I was, and I did something about it.
  • I have lost 17.8 pounds. I am only 1 pound up from my lowest 2008 weight, when I had the flu and was probably dehydrated.
  • I have taken a picture of everything I have eaten. I have not posted them due to embarrassment, but I have continued to photograph every little thing I put into my mouth.
  • I have gone to the gym 3 times in 5 days. That's nothing to sneeze at. I have learned that I can go longer if I go harder. If I keep my heart rate on the lower end, I get burnt out and bored. The harder I go, the longer I can go.
  • Even when I have eaten out, I haven't thrown caution to the wind. Excluding the Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish last night, I have consistantly made the best food choices possible. (And I have eaten lunch out so much due to our trainers taking us out - and paying. I don't feel like I was at a point to duck out of lunches.)
Okay. So there's where I rock. And here's my plan of action.
  • Today I am making a grocery list so we can go shopping after church tomorrow. I will cook each night and take lunch the next day. I think one week lunches with important people is enough of a commitment.
  • I will figure out how to get myself to the gym. It may be by developing a schedule based around a television schedule and somehow getting myself excited about it. I may find some non-food reward for sticking to schedule. I need to get my calendar and stars back out. I'll figure out my system today.
  • I will post my food pictures on Tryin' on a Brand New Dress. No reason not to, really. I'll email them to myself as soon as I take them so all I'll have to do is upload them there when I post here for the day.
I get down on myself sometimes 'cause I'm not doing this as perfectly as I was when I wasn't working, and then I remind myself that I wasn't working. I had time and energy to make my health my total focus and commitment. And, since then, I was out of town for 2 weeks, had the flu, and have started a very exhausting (for the time being) job.

I have not gone away. I'm just trying to figure out my new way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan.
I know all about Chipotle. I could eat there almost everyday.

marie said...

You're doing so well. I'm really impressed and proud of you :)

Donna B said...

It takes time and thought to put yourself first when you are busy, away from home and having changes in your life. Good luck on your continues endeavor and remember we are there for you! It finally clicked for me when I took some time for myself-

Anonymous said...

A long time ago (January 15th to be exact) you said...

"I am a new person most of the time. And that's good enough. I'm never going to be perfect. But I can be healthy repeatedly, and let that crowd out my mistakes."

That post meant a lot to me and helped me not beat myself up at a time when I could have easily fallen into that trap. As I read your post today, I tried to think of something inspiring to leave at your doorstep, but I've decided that your own words are best.

You rock -- don't forget it.

j

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that You are really doing great! I LOVE how you realize your mistakes...pick yourself up....brush yourself off and just keep right on trucking! See, that's where you provide so much inspiration to me. You don't let a bad day, week or even few weeks ruin your whole plan. You just get right back on track. That's the secret right there. Just keep on keepin' on. ....As in the words of Joe Dirt. :-D Seriously, as corny as those words are, it has become my new motto. I also keep thinking of a little sailboat I saw at our local Christian book store. It said - The Man Who Walks With God Always Reaches His Destination. I believe in that with all my heart!
Keep up the good work Krissy!!
Keep on walking with God and you WILL reach your destination!
Rhonda

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

I'm glad you're not being too hard on yourself and taking time to sort things out. Be good to yourself and you'll be amazed at what you can do. :-) And Chipotle is evil. I had to give myself a once-a-month burrito allowance and that's it, because I have no willpower against their delicious guacamole.

Amy said...

You're kicking ass Krissie!