I'll admit it. I've been feeling pretty crappy about myself lately. I think I went to the gym three times this week. I've eaten way too many mini Twix bars and little bags of M&Ms. I've eaten lunch at Chipotle twice.
But you know what? That DOES NOT take away from what I have accomplished this year.
I am - and will be - proud of what I have accomplished.
- I got a new job. A job that I like. I was unhappy where I was, and I did something about it.
- I have lost 17.8 pounds. I am only 1 pound up from my lowest 2008 weight, when I had the flu and was probably dehydrated.
- I have taken a picture of everything I have eaten. I have not posted them due to embarrassment, but I have continued to photograph every little thing I put into my mouth.
- I have gone to the gym 3 times in 5 days. That's nothing to sneeze at. I have learned that I can go longer if I go harder. If I keep my heart rate on the lower end, I get burnt out and bored. The harder I go, the longer I can go.
- Even when I have eaten out, I haven't thrown caution to the wind. Excluding the Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish last night, I have consistantly made the best food choices possible. (And I have eaten lunch out so much due to our trainers taking us out - and paying. I don't feel like I was at a point to duck out of lunches.)
- Today I am making a grocery list so we can go shopping after church tomorrow. I will cook each night and take lunch the next day. I think one week lunches with important people is enough of a commitment.
- I will figure out how to get myself to the gym. It may be by developing a schedule based around a television schedule and somehow getting myself excited about it. I may find some non-food reward for sticking to schedule. I need to get my calendar and stars back out. I'll figure out my system today.
- I will post my food pictures on Tryin' on a Brand New Dress. No reason not to, really. I'll email them to myself as soon as I take them so all I'll have to do is upload them there when I post here for the day.
I have not gone away. I'm just trying to figure out my new way.