Tuesday, August 28, 2007

put me in, coach!

I got to sleep in this morning, although my sleeping in was on the couch. We got our upstairs air conditioning fixed, but it broke again. So we're going to have to pay who knows how much, hopefully not replace it, and then move out in 2 weeks.

But we're moving out in two weeks!!! We talked again last night about how we want all our transitions to really make meaningful change. We are going to start being healthy, and I think our new neighborhood and its ammenities are perfect for that. I am so excited!! (This is our actual house!!)

(This is the kitchen in the model. But ours will be painted this color too.)


I've also been thinking about a career shift. (I know I just got a new job...hear me out.) I used to love the show Starting Over. It got me thinking years ago. I have also always wanted to work with people who have a difficult time coping with everyday problems (not "crazies"). So I'm going to be a life coach. I just need to find the clientele. My plan is to get it planned this fall, start it up this spring, and then try it out for two years in addition to my current job. The first year, we will apply 90% of life coach earnings to debt (student loans, mortgage). The second year, we would do the opposite, live off my life coach earnings and apply primary job income to debt. At the beginning of the third year, I would quit one of the two and live a simple, happy life.

I know it sounds like a great deal of work, but its two years. I went to grad school for 3.5 years and held down full-time employment through most of it. I'm still in the thinking stage, but I'm thinking.

I must be off to work! Have a great Tuesday!!

13 comments:

FAT BRIDESMAID said...

First of all the house is lovely. I can't wait to see what you guys do with it when you settle in! Secondly, I say go for it with the life coach gig. Why not, right?

marie said...

omigawd it's so purdy!

life coaching, eh? how does one go about that?

Christine said...

Beautiful home and a very nice kitchen!! :) It's going to be a great new start for you.

Aimee said...

I say go for the life coach thing. I'm sure many people could use one (I'm probably one of them). Second, which room is mine at the new house? LOL! I can't wait to see pictures of how you guys decorate after you move in. :)

Anonymous said...

Krissie,
I love the new house!!! And you would be a perfect life coach!!
Shirley

Sarah said...

The new place looks awesome!!!

You have a great idea with the life coach plan. I am taking a bunch of entrepreneurship electives in my MBA program in the hopes of one day starting my own business.

Unknown said...

Do it! I loved that show starting over too, there is something really cool to me about just taking risks and trying new things!

Also, that house is awesome. Your kitchen, is huge. This coming from a girl that lives in nyc. I'm really jealous of that kitchen and the...house!

Angela Power said...

Love it! Beautiful kitchen and I love that blue-grey! Beautiful, lovely house!

I have never actually met a life coach and am interested in how you become one out of curiosity.

Kristen said...

Oooooooo - cute new house! How very exciting!

Ann(ie) said...

Beautiful house and beautiful life plan as well...good going girl!

MOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow that place is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful kitchen!!