Thursday, June 14, 2007

it takes two to make it out of sight

Last day of work! Last day of work! Woot woot!

I cannot thank my lovely blog buddies enough for all their help yesterday. You solved all my problems!

Mindy - thanks. I am taking an entire box of baggies. And I've found that they really help my organization as well. I can actually see what's in my make-up bag. I wouldn't have thought of the baggies.

Maryann - The website was a life saver. I actually now have a baggie that looks a lot like the picture.

Amy - I hate to hear that you are leaving Bellarmine, but we knew it was coming. Big congrats! And I think we are planning on coming to your celebration (not in Florida). So many changes for you! And, I too, now have short-term health insurance!

Marie - I know how you feel about airports. However, we are flying out of Louisville, and I am very comfortable there. When I was in college there, I spent a lot of time picking up and dropping off friends, and trying to spot famous people during derby week.

You all are awesome!

The potluck yesterday was awesome. My dear friend Courtney made my chicken salad (and well!) and there was tons of fruit and veggies and dips and one plate of cookies. It rocked. The food was great, the company was great, and I got great gifts. Gift certificates to the Fudgery and the store where I buy Vera Bradley bags. I've actually picked out the one I'm buying, and the one I am donating in return.

I am so excited about Kansas. Nate and I are driving to Louisville tonight, doing a little shopping, and staying in a hotel. Then we'll be at the airport at 4:30 am to be ready for our 6am flight. I figure this way I'll be sleepy and will sleep on the plane. Even with our layover, we'll land in Kansas City before lunch. Very exciting! Carr family, here we come!! (that felt like something from Extreme Home Make Over!)

Yeah, Kansas. So we'll be gone until really stinking late Monday night. I may be able to post while I am out there, but I don't expect to. If you don't see me for several days, please don't forget about me! I look forward to catching up with everyone when I get back!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your last day of work, that's so exciting to be moving on!

And have a great time in Kansas! (I've never been.. so please post pictures when you come back!) :)

Aimee said...

It's Saturday. Hope you're having a great time in Kansas. :) Congrats on the job being over!

Mindy said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about it!